100% coal tar creosote,

No doubt its the best wood preserver available..the original creosote is still available..but only for professional use and the trade..

How long will a garden fence smell for as I'm considering using some.

Screenshot_20240319_165813_Chrome.jpg.b830aeb5a56684454390c5f8b565b09e.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just bought 25 litres of that stinky creosote, thought id be clever and filled up a weed killer pump spray , it was going on  my fence  rapid until a powerful cross wind flew threw, fuk me I looked

I love the smell of the stuff.....same as Poxon,we used to mix it with used engine oil for everything timber down the allotments.... shit lasts for time,modern tanalised timber is shite in comparison

Made a start on the back fence. The smell of nostalgia 😂 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, king said:

No doubt its the best wood preserver available..the original creosote is still available..but only for professional use and the trade..

Thought they had band it year’s ago, if it’s the old stuff it’ll be howling for weeks 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Thought they had band it year’s ago, if it’s the old stuff it’ll be howling for weeks 

You can still buy the proper creosote mate..so stinking for weeks you recon..

Screenshot_20240319_172120_Chrome.jpg.8368d447ff67dfc60e20f6078ea3f1ef.jpg

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, king said:

The smell is very strong for the first couple of weeks,  then it starts to fade , but , you'll always get a whiff of it , even after years , and especially on warm days.👍

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, mel b said:

The smell is very strong for the first couple of weeks,  then it starts to fade , but , you'll always get a whiff of it , even after years , and especially on warm days.👍

The reason I'm thinking of using it as it will penetrate the wood and preserve it for a long time..the useless stuff I've been using is ronseal and its water based.

You can litterly jet wash it off the fence and its back to bare wood.. so maybe creosote is the answer and put up with the smell mate..

• Like 4

My misses dad used to mix used engine oil and creosote he made a fence out of old pallets at the back of there garden the bloody thing stood nearly 40 years till my mother inlaw decided it was time to get some fence contractors in to put a modern fence up.he was pissed when he realised he couldn’t get proper creosote no more he said this fence will be rotted out within 5-7years he recons the modern stuff shit 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

used to coat the turkey houses with it during the summer.............used to burn my eyebrows off...........

Good to keep red mite at bay when I was in the poultry trade we use to do the roots bars with it 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, poxon said:

My misses dad used to mix used engine oil and creosote he made a fence out of old pallets at the back of there garden the bloody thing stood nearly 40 years till my mother inlaw decided it was time to get some fence contractors in to put a modern fence up.he was pissed when he realised he couldn’t get proper creosote no more he said this fence will be rotted out within 5-7years he recons the modern stuff shit 

That's some life span mate 40yrs..there's no doubt its amazing stuff..

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

used to coat the turkey houses with it during the summer.............used to burn my eyebrows off...........

Bet it stank in there for a long time after mate..

Just now, king said:

That's some life span mate 40yrs..there's no doubt its amazing stuff..

Brilliant stuff mate nothing wants to eat in to it or f**k with it he said paint it on on a hot day so the wood don’t contain any moisture it draws it in. he reconned that’s what the original telegraph poles are done in sort of makes sence as they have a long life span 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, poxon said:

Brilliant stuff mate nothing wants to eat in to it or f**k with it he said paint it on on a hot day so the wood don’t contain any moisture it draws it in. he reconned that’s what the original telegraph poles are done in sort of makes sence as they have a long life span 

I read this earlier about the telegraph poles..100yrs is crazy lol

Screenshot_20240319_181948_Chrome.jpg.01ec6bd0e653b7d3de5ec1628672af92.jpg

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, king said:

Bet it stank in there for a long time after mate..

the outside only ...the houses were built out of marine ply.....the houses would house about 10,000 birds....when the houses were emptied we used to wash the inside with formaldehde......now that stuff stunk

• Like 2

I love the smell of the stuff.....same as Poxon,we used to mix it with used engine oil for everything timber down the allotments.... shit lasts for time,modern tanalised timber is shite in comparison 👍

Got a few mates who work on the telegraph poles,and they can still get it😉👍

• Like 7