Fight for your country

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we've been trying to fight for our country for some years but not in the way the people at the top want,now they want the people at the bottom to fight to protect what the people at the top have😠

Why would Russia invade us? Because our elites keep telling you they might?  The same elites that told all those young men that they were giving up their lives for 'freedom and democracy'? O

Quite easy, not a dinghies chance in a storm, the enemy is within, the left, weirdos, royals, just about everything wrong with society today, nahhh ill leave it to the anarchists, protestors and the r

Posted Images

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Not everyone does because not everyone can, the world would cease to function if everyone was a boss.

That's why I said he is a one off, there's always exceptions to the rule. 

I grew up on quite a notorious council estate left school with nothing, went on to do several terms in Borstal and jail, but I can’t stand my parents and wanted everything different for my own kids, my eldest is a Batchelor of science, head of science and vice principle by the age of 30 younger daughter was manager of 5 dental practices until she had kids and my son is doing well in the construction industry, but more important none of them have had to see or do the shit I went through in life, it’s up to everyone of us to break the mould and strive for more, but it’s usually just easier to be like mum and dad and moan how unfair life is   

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

He “face times “ and asks if I can get him Neymar Puma football boots as he can’t get them in Saudi.

I found them on sale at JD Sports in the Metro , £45, but it cost £58 to DHL them to him !

Next he wanted some football cards and a binder, I got the ones he wanted on Amazon, about £25, but £37 to DHL them !

Ah well, it’s only money and well worth it when I see the look on his face when I see him opening them !

Cheers.

Every time we go shopping there is more in the trolley for the grandkids than us and when I go to my treat cupboard for a bar of chocolate or biccy that was always mine I,m told don’t touch that it’s for the kids not you lol

• Like 1

i find it amusing how people think

and what makes them think they have made good 

the everyone can achieve the same it’s up to them attitude is comical really lol belter

11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i find it amusing how people think

and what makes them think they have made good 

the everyone can achieve the same it’s up to them attitude is comical really lol belter

Of course everyone can’t a achieve the same, you ain’t going to win the Olympic 100m if you have one leg…..but you can find quality and value and achieve things your background may not have set you up for in something…..nobody it putting a barrier in your way to do that, fact.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, greg64 said:

but were those lads funded by the bank of mum and dad ?

Nice to have a crash mat when you fukc up ,entitled mummy and daddy ,rich kids playing at having a job ,think jarvis summed it up in common people ! 

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, WILF said:

Of course everyone can’t a achieve the same, you ain’t going to win the Olympic 100m if you have one leg…..but you can find quality and value and achieve things your background may not have set you up for in something…..nobody it putting a barrier in your way to do that, fact.

i wouldn’t win the 100 meters if i had 4 legs lol 

A bloke i ran a couple of factories for over the years, Came from a council estate in Brum, Normal state school education, Ended up on telesales at a tubing manufacture's, Living in the usual semi in suburbia with a wife a two kids, Set for life as most would say, However in his job he kept getting asked if the company did fine cut small tubing, The Company didn't. 

He convinced his mate who worked on the desk next to his that they should try starting something to tap into this market. They each put £500 into it and purchased a couple of lathes and a couple of saws, They rented a wooden shed on an old industrial estate and started to produce the cut tubing the customers had been asking for. One ran the machines and the went on the road selling there product, Fast forward 20 years and that business had grown so much that it was turning over multiple millions a year. 

My point is, Seeing the opportunity and having the conviction to run with it better than any entitlement. 

2 hours ago, mackem said:

It is a class thing in a way though, I have a REALLY good example but it would take a while to type the story. Average kid on a council estate is almost indoctrinated through surroundings, family, friends in their formative years, get a trade, get a house council/bought, settle down etc 

Upper middle classes, uni, CAREER (not a job a CAREER) or business and the affluent lifestyle associated with such. 

Most council estate kids are on the 9-5 wage slave treadmill from beginning to end, I know lots, one holiday a year to Spain and that's their lifestyle. 

I have met a few agriculture type brits doing seasonal work in Canada, it's a big thing combine jobs, all came from moneyed families that opened their eyes to opportunities,I think it is a class type thing in the main. 

Good post mate and one I totally agree with as it resonates with me and my own path in life. I grew up in a working class area even though it was an house my parents had bought it borderd a large council estate so I knocked about with lads from working class backgrounds when I were 15 my parents through hard work the old man in the steelworks and my mother a domestic at the hospital we moved to a then posh part of town in a 4 bed property with basement rooms both my younger sisters have done well for themselves one is some sort of manager in a London hospital the other a journalist both had piano lessons growing up and knocked about with friends who went to university and polytechnics like them who were academically inclined to say we are brother and sisters we are miles apart and the only time I see them is at funerals. 

• Like 3