All rounder lurcher

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like every other type or cross you'll get good and bad ones, some people swear by them others wouldnt give 1 kennel space, it really is up to you and what you expect it to do, Ive had and seen some re

Personally I think one man's allrounder is different to another man's allrounder. Also as time goes by you maybe go for different methods and different species. It's no one trick pony   

Both nice honest jukels,...but sadly,.. both products,...of a well calculated and carefully planned advertising campaign😉

Posted Images

On 26/01/2024 at 19:47, OldPhil said:

Both nice honest jukels,...but sadly,.. both products,...of a well calculated and carefully planned advertising campaign😉

That's what I thought at the time Phil after seeing the litter brother to Celt run the same lad had a black brocken coated bitch a mix of collie greyhound deerhound greyhound that was a class above on hare's but I never recall the said bitch ever getting mentioned by Plummer in the then shooting news. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

That's what I thought at the time Phil after seeing the litter brother to Celt run the same lad had a black brocken coated bitch a mix of collie greyhound deerhound greyhound that was a class above on hare's but I never recall the said bitch ever getting mentioned by Plummer in the then shooting news. 

Lurcher 2 lurcher breeding only produced inferior dross he reckoned 

5 hours ago, Black neck said:

He knew lol was just pushing the half and 34 collies for his pal bless him

He wasn't the only one doing that, blacky.

Several breeders of lurchers and terriers, and their friends, will tell people all sorts of hyperbolic garbage, so they can sell pups.

The absolute nonsense I've heard from some people over the years, when I've gone to view a litter, defies all logic!!  Lol

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

He wasn't the only one doing that, blacky.

Several breeders of lurchers and terriers, and their friends, will tell people all sorts of hyperbolic garbage, so they can sell pups.

The absolute nonsense I've heard from some people over the years, when I've gone to view a litter, defies all logic!!  Lol

Non cabron a touché 

• Haha 1
On 26/01/2024 at 17:37, dogmandont said:

Had a dog in 91, 92 the double of that, a collie x that came across from England and decent dog he was too, had its ears  tattooed like a greyhound, first time I'd seen it done to a lurcher. 

There were 2 brought over as pup,s i no of Hancock and they were lighting fast .They would then throw the head up and jack let the hare run on .

5 minutes ago, hounddog3 said:

There were 2 brought over as pup,s i no of Hancock and they were lighting fast .They would then throw the head up and jack let the hare run on .

I only ever seen mine on a couple of daytime hares which were knocked up while out mooching, a hare dog he definitely wasn't but I hadn't got him for that so it didn't matter. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Personally I think one man's allrounder is different to another man's allrounder. Also as time goes by you maybe go for different methods and different species. It's no one trick pony 

20220622_171126.jpg

20220622_171119.jpg

20220622_171103.jpg

fair enough, with any type bred lurchers, you can push your self in to a corner  with  breeds, and % deff. Going only on my own dogs and dogs ive seen work.3 of my colliexs thats, 1x , and 3/8 c  5/8 g  all good rabbiting dogs,  not really deer dogs, or fox dogs  had 3/8 blaze do couple but was wary of the sharp end , the odd hare in the lamp, now that my dogs,. now had mate had Hancock  1/4 beadie x 1/4 collie x 3/4 grey , catch few daytime hares, do couple deer , and few foxes , was bib 27 in fawn rough coated dog. Now my Buck 1x gsd x grey  was far better in the lamp than my colliexs , had far more quarry  in the lamp , he bust gut to grab them , he grab fox anywhere , got nailed , but kill the fox, then couple bites,  had few hares as well, this is just lamping , as he was bred for that, he put few bends in to  day hare, but i left that dogs bred for that simple as that. So your right  breeding/ %    can go out the window with the right dog, plus a ton of luck    deff.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

20220622_171126.jpg

20220622_171119.jpg

20220622_171103.jpg

Cracking photos them Leo👍

• Thanks 1
On 25/01/2024 at 04:30, Black neck said:

Our Gary had 2 out Richard Jones  a half and a 34 both were good on wabbit hare and fox  never ran deer wi um like 

U know 

I had one, cracking dog on fox, pikeys nicked him 😢 

Cheers, D.