Am I an arsehole.

Dear Deirdre/thl 

Recently got into a discussion/argument with two mates of mine who insist I can be an arsehole. 

I'd value your opinion.

Their point is I refuse to get along with people who hold a different opinion to me. I disagree. I just believe I don't want to be in the company of certain people.

We have a shoot and are looking to find some new guns. They want to bring in their mates from an old syndicate they were in. Now I went beating their once, and the shoot captain was talking about taking legal action against one of the fell packs that had twice run on to the shoot. To me that's just sport, you can't stop the trail layer and these things happen. One of the guns declared he would shoot their hounds. I walked away. My opinion is those two absolute cnuts are never setting foot on our shoot.

Another example was a couple of townie nobheads that they are friends with. They have moved to our village to escape the shite hole towns. Now we got talking about migrants and the bloke asked me if I was against immigration. I said yes on the whole and especially uncontrolled immigration. He stood up and declared I was a racist bigot. Now I'd had a prosecco or two and told him to f**k off back to Salford and take his leftwing fat arsed wife with him. My mates now want to bring him beating. I've said he can fck right off. 

Are they correct and I'm being out of order? Or am I right in thinking these types of people are shithouses and I have no reason to spend time in their company. 

I'm actually thinking of fckin everyone off and running the shoot on my own and not letting any of those irritating shooters anywhere near. I can go down there on my own, release a few birds and me and the pheasants can all exist in my little wonderland without the need for people who disagree with me.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Dido 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've not read the post... I'm saying yes though, based on the title alone ..😄

you are not out of order....you are bang on target.............my mouth has got me in trouble no end of times when iwas younger....but at least i could sleep at night knowing that i had been true to m

You aren't an arsehole but 90% of twats on little syndicates are, got a little business or wealthy family and then go round like they're landowners or something.   Anyone talking about shooting d

4 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Dear Deirdre/thl 

Recently got into a discussion/argument with two mates of mine who insist I can be an arsehole. 

I'd value your opinion.

Their point is I refuse to get along with people who hold a different opinion to me. I disagree. I just believe I don't want to be in the company of certain people.

We have a shoot and are looking to find some new guns. They want to bring in their mates from an old syndicate they were in. Now I went beating their once, and the shoot captain was talking about taking legal action against one of the fell packs that had twice run on to the shoot. To me that's just sport, you can't stop the trail layer and these things happen. One of the guns declared he would shoot their hounds. I walked away. My opinion is those two absolute cnuts are never setting foot on our shoot.

Another example was a couple of townie nobheads that they are friends with. They have moved to our village to escape the shite hole towns. Now we got talking about migrants and the bloke asked me if I was against immigration. I said yes on the whole and especially uncontrolled immigration. He stood up and declared I was a racist bigot. Now I'd had a prosecco or two and told him to f**k off back to Salford and take his leftwing fat arsed wife with him. My mates now want to bring him beating. I've said he can fck right off. 

Are they correct and I'm being out of order? Or am I right in thinking these types of people are shithouses and I have no reason to spend time in their company. 

I'm actually thinking of fckin everyone off and running the shoot on my own and not letting any of those irritating shooters anywhere near. I can go down there on my own, release a few birds and me and the pheasants can all exist in my little wonderland without the need for people who disagree with me.

Dido 

Did you get to purchase that coat 

You sound very similar to me ,I will quite happily,cut off my nose,to spite my face ..so to speak 😁Stick to your guns mate...and tell them 2 friends of yours,too tuck their teeth into their waistbands and dont bite the hand that feeds them....if they chirp up...put one on them👍

• Like 7
Just now, iworkwhippets said:

Did you get to purchase that coat 

No. It was silly money wasn't it. Pie in the sky that. 

I'll look at the price again in summer when the time of easy money comes around again, see if it's dropped in price 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Dear Deirdre/thl 

I'd value your opinion.

Dido 

you are not out of order....you are bang on target.............my mouth has got me in trouble no end of times when iwas younger....but at least i could sleep at night knowing that i had been true to myself....

live your life well boy..dont hurtanyone for pleasure....you are along time dead..

• Like 8
10 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Dear Deirdre/thl 

I'd value your opinion.

Dido 

I’ve done the same dropped so many people out recently, sounds like there trying to have a dig at you without actually having a dig at you if you get me, f**k em off mate 

• Like 4

Nah you’re right. Maybe wouldn’t hurt to sharpen folks up a bit early on, just to let them know where you stand on things broadly and to keep anything dissenting to themselves or maybe this shoot ain’t the one for them. Call it a baptism. :laugh:

Over the years I’ve fallen out with keepers, land owners, guns, beaters, public etc etc. And I’m a f***ing delight. :laugh: It just goes with the scene imo. A lot of money and passion makes for emotional times. Going through similar political bullshittery now.

• Like 2

First things first.

Just how fat is his wife's left wing arse ?( pics would help).

Secondly .

Stop drinking proseco . It will turn you into a homosexual.

Most importantly,  and the only real answer.  Go with your gut feeling.  If its your shoot , it's your shoot , and you set the rules , and choose who shoots there. Spending time with people that you don't like , will leave you resenting them , and resenting yourself. 

We all know that hunts can sometimes be a pain , but as a shooter , I also realise that my shooting can be an equal pain to others . A little tolerance is a very good thing in life 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Your bang on if there arseholes there arseholes arnt goin to change will just end up causing you agro then when u stick 1 on them for bein arseholes they run straight to the law and u end up in shit fxxk em off 

Edited by Councilestatekid
  • Like 2

Stand your ground mate, A weird f****r moved in with the lass who lives next door, Now don't get me wrong he has never done anything against me, But i don't want any part of the shit he's into, Now i get called this. that and the other for my beliefs. But f**k the lot of them, I know what's right and wrong and sorry but no matter how you dress that shit up it isn't ever going to be right to me mate. Its called Morals. something that's sadly lacking in this day and age.

18 minutes ago, mel b said:

First things first.

Just how fat is his wife's left wing arse ?( pics would help).

Secondly .

Stop drinking proseco . It will turn you into a homosexual.

Most importantly,  and the only real answer.  Go with your gut feeling.  If its your shoot , it's your shoot , and you set the rules , and choose who shoots there. Spending time with people that you don't like , will leave you resenting them , and resenting yourself. 

We all know that hunts can sometimes be a pain , but as a shooter , I also realise that my shooting can be an equal pain to others . A little tolerance is a very good thing in life 👍

they call Proseco around here "girl petrol"

Edited by ditchman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mate you sound like a part timer ffs. You should get in my company and believe me there would be incidents. I normally stay reasonably quiet in the corner thanks to previous training, talk when I need to say something meaningful when required and then just blow when some berk says the wrong thing. It has got me into one or two scrapes. Bottom line, tell them to fck off or Jok will be down .

happy days. Jok.

• Like 1