paid £30b quid for a second hand plain gold band...in the early 80's......the we went to a proper jewler with a design for a chunky carved gold ring with deeply carved intwinning ivy leaves all the way round...with berries...

mrs croaked a while back and my daughter wears it now

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Told her I wasn't bothered what she had at the wedding as long as I could have hounds there 

Same as that lads, I remember I was laid on the sofa practicing doing f**k all (as per Micky Flanagan) and she suggested getting married and that she’d seen a nice ring she liked second hand in a jewe

Ours cost nothing ...a friend of my wife she gave hers to us as she was divorced...it cost several grand....I hate wearing any jewellery including watches ....but Mrs insisted I have one....it cost £2

Posted Images

Paid £900 for mrs wedding band. I don't wear them but she wanted me 2 so have 2 as didn't want platinum like hers or gold so got 1 I wear everyday cost £20 made of tungsten and I got a wood one made for when we go out think it was around £500ish. Paid £1250 for engagement ring in sale and with bit of a discount on top which at time I thought was about £1200 to much 😄 

Edited by Councilestatekid
12 hours ago, Arry said:

I gave wifey £40 told her to buy a ring she liked Lol. She went out spent £80 oh well. Was 44 years ago mind.

Cheers Arry

11 hours ago, Borr said:

I bought an engagement ring from fleebay it got delivered while she was stood behind me in the hallway , luckily he had a phone bill too and she believed I signed for it🤣, then took her down cardiff bay and proposed , didn't cost more than couple hundred , we had a very frugal wedding but we didn't want to get in debt over it, just starting out. A valley hotel on the hill the son of the owner was the host , barman and DJ and sorted the buffet too lol, and surrounded by friends and family it was good. Don't over think it you'll soon be onto the next stage and the next and the next...... f***ing hell don't do it...haha enjoy it Wolfy 

Same as that lads, I remember I was laid on the sofa practicing doing f**k all (as per Micky Flanagan) and she suggested getting married and that she’d seen a nice ring she liked second hand in a jewellers….so, I reached in the pocket and gave her 200 quid and said “get what you like with that” 

Then all the fuss started about getting married with her mother coming round talking about halls and guests and all sorts of bollocks…..drove me f***ing mad so I got the arsehole and told them all I wasn’t getting f***ing married and to shut up about it !

12 months passed and she gently approached the subject again so I said “yes, but I don’t want all the f***ing rigmarole” and so I wound up with 11 people at my wedding, finished work on Friday night in Liverpool Street about 10pm, got married Saturday lunch time and back to work earning a few quid on Monday……and it was perfect.

Id say to anyone, forget the big show, just concentrate on being a decent bloke once you do get married because that is what really counts. 

30 years later and I have been married longer than anyone of my pals by a long shot. 

• Like 8

Paid £12.50 for the Licence at the Registry Office and then all fcuked off down the pub afterwards. The Mrs wore My sisters wedding dress and she arrived in the back of the old mans car. I wore my No1 uniform and that was it, all sorted. 

57 minutes ago, paulus said:

Paid £12.50 for the Licence at the Registry Office and then all fcuked off down the pub afterwards. The Mrs wore My sisters wedding dress and she arrived in the back of the old mans car. I wore my No1 uniform and that was it, all sorted. 

My old woman made her own head dress thing and tweaked a normal type dress bought in a sale.

I wore a suit that I found when I bought all the kit out of a business that was shutting down in Saville Row ! Lol

Load of people said to me “You’re not wearing a suit you found are you ?” And I said “Too f***ing right I am” and that satisfied me more than going and getting some new outfit at a grand.

I live in a house paid for by second hand stuff, I’m just not proud that way. 

• Like 4

Weddings and occasions in general can be a funny old thing.

Im a bit of a strange one (surprise !) in that I have always struggled a bit with these “collective fun/celebration” type things.

Also, when you get a few kids wrapped round you it’s an arm and a leg to get anywhere and stay anywhere plus logistics if they are very young.

I have friends who I genuinely class as family who never judged me or batted an eyelid when we couldn’t make their wedding and I have family who have never spoken to us since after we didn’t go to their wedding 5 years ago ! 
Some folks you know it’s going to be genuine and special and some you know it’s going to be a f***ing pantomime….her sister got married and I just couldn’t face it, I threw the 3k it would have cost us to attend in the pot and we all f****d off to Italy instead ! Lol 

That went down like a lead balloon ! Lol 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Told her I wasn't bothered what she had at the wedding as long as I could have hounds there 

post-31956-0-89575500-1468180994.jpg

That's a great pic, could have been improved slightly with a pith helmet. 

Wife did not want an engagement ring so i happily paid £1k for a wedding ring made with Welsh Gold, the rings partner was also £1k, i said no way was i wearing a £1k ring on my finger! So i bought a similar ring with some Welsh Gold in it for £200! Did however buy my Wife a nice ring for her 50th birthday last year. At the end of the day its your choice Wolfdog91! Do what suits you and your wife to be. 

Cheers. Aled

• Like 2

Paid £1500 for her engagement ring and a grand for both wedding rings, haven't had my ring on from the day I got married in Rome. 

Paid 3 grand for her wedding dress and she hasn't wore it since either so it's even Stevens. Lol. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, mackem said:

That's a great pic, could have been improved slightly with a pith helmet. 

I've got a date for next month when I'm going into masonic knights templar and I'll have to buy all the regalia.

This season I'll mainly be wearing crusader not colonial 

kt-composite-600x600.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Haha 2