Freelander 2 vs q5?

I like the X-Trail this is the second one I've had. Put some town and country style tyres on it take it every where across fields. Fare bit of power and hold the road like its on rails. Loads of room back seat go down flat even slept in it at the fishing comp a few times.

If theres one thing I like more of its clearance in farm ruts but usually get by put one wheel in the middle.

IMG_1642.jpeg.bf9f02218c92e16474448d12ee91ffb3.jpeg

Bought this tent porch from go-outdoors gave me a little room out side the car. Which most of us crammed in when it rain one year Lol.

IMG_2305.JPG.63c412699949adf254ca2ca70a6f52a0.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 9

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the X-Trail this is the second one I've had. Put some town and country style tyres on it take it every where across fields. Fare bit of power and hold the road like its on rails. Loads of room

Best and most reliable thing about the Freelander I had................                     Was the f***ing towbar🙈

Done 16k miles the last 12 months..its on 70k miles now..super reliable and piss easy to work on everything is very basic and parts are cheap.. It's 23yr old now and I recon a brand new range rov

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Arry said:

I like the X-Trail this is the second one I've had. Put some town and country style tyres on it take it every where across fields. Fare bit of power and hold the road like its on rails. Loads of room back seat go down flat even slept in it at the fishing comp a few times.

If theres one thing I like more of its clearance in farm ruts but usually get by put one wheel in the middle.

Bought this tent porch from go-outdoors gave me a little room out side the car. Which most of us crammed in when it rain one year Lol.

Cheers Arry

What engine is in it , I was looking at those but put off my Nissan being Renault basically .

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

What engine is in it , I was looking at those but put off my Nissan being Renault basically .

As far as I know it's a Nissan engine 2.2Lt Diesel 2 wheel drive, Auto. and 4 X 4. I had it full to the brim with Logs it's good old bus 56 plate. if something happened to this one I would get another.

No cam belt it has chain.

Quite economic as well.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Oh right I thought it was only the petrols that had timing chains cheers .

Nissan engine the later models were the Renault ones .

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

I drive the exact same car . Its been the best all round vehicle I've ever owned by far , until today when I was trying to change the heater motor , now its just a complete and utter xxxx.

• Sad 1
On 26/11/2023 at 14:38, Daniel cain said:

If i could find a tidy one,that aint rusted out...then I would love to  buy another  fourtrak, little thirsty and basic,but a good workhorse,pull a house down,and everywhere you go in one,you get lots of permission 😁image.jpg.61dcd70ed9e311ec99a37603aac0a1d9.jpg

I used to own a Daihatsu Fourtrack field master colour was green 2 seater and it was like a big cage in the back ideal for dogs guns and all your kit regret getting rid of it, I’ve had loads of 4x4s Discovery being one of them I didn’t like it, last 5 years I’ve owned a Landcruiser say no more awesome I think they are the longest vehicle still in production ultra reliable built to last and go anywhere.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, WILF said:

I was just looking at a few Hilux, the rot on them is shocking !…..especially under the tub, looked like they have been dipped in the sea !

Id say check for that if you are buying second hand mate.

My cousins snapped in half whilst taking a load of cattle to market. Teach him to go to a blind mot tester 🤣

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Iv ended up with an 09 plate renult koleos it's an x trail with a bloody ugly body on but was very cheep,  2.0ltr tdi has the fancy i 4x4 system from the high speck xtrail am pleased with it so far 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, vfr400boy said:

20230806_164739.jpg

After my mitsi done a third head gasket , during the covid I couldn't find a decent one for sensible money.

So I ended up in a lexus rx400h and it also shares a look similar but its doing a real good job for me .

• Like 1

My ranger was starting to fall apart very bad rot , I looked for ages for a new bus but couldn't find anything decent at the right money then this popped up only 90k on a chain loads of history and it's genuine I'd never in a million years of picked one but you get lot of car for the money,  iv had it 6 months now dose 45mpg , pulls trailer well etc some cheep ones on ebay 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Chaff said:

After my mitsi done a third head gasket , during the covid I couldn't find a decent one for sensible money.

So I ended up in a lexus rx400h and it also shares a look similar but its doing a real good job for me .

Lexus is great the new ones look nice , interior is very posh ,see one in my mates garage it had hit a tree very hard but still no intrusions into cabin

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Lexus is great the new ones look nice , interior is very posh ,see one in my mates garage it had hit a tree very hard but still no intrusions into cabin

I went to few mx meets last winter and it got it self out of slippery stuff alright, right lazy motor to drive lol

5 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I went to few mx meets last winter and it got it self out of slippery stuff alright, right lazy motor to drive lol

Lol, just a bit old man ish that’s the problem, but I’d get one for the mrs .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1