Nature Can Be Cruel

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your a hunting man with a live fox you will be going to prison. If you have a 'sanctuary' called something like fluffy cuddles animal resort I'm sure it's fine 🤣

Don’t always believe what they say mate they are breeding and releasing predators around the country at an almost agricultural rate, first otters then polecats now pine martins popping out the woodwor

If I went walking in bear areas I'd take 2 pistols on me at all time

Posted Images

On 01/10/2023 at 20:19, Welsh_red said:

I was in either Borth animalariun or folly farm once , can't remember which (Mrs would remember) me and the Mrs & kids were watching a Rhea and it's baby in their enclosure and for no identifiable reason the rhea started kicking and stamping on its young one until it was dead then just casually walked around . We went and got one of the workers and got him to come and see what had happened and he said " yeah that happens every so often " . Dead bird was put in a barrow and taken away soon after 

I wonder if maybe the parent bird (or other animal in other, similar cases) simply knows something that we don't. Maybe they know that there was something wrong with it and simply 'put it out of its misery.'🤔

Many years ago, when I was at art college in Falmouth, my landlady had two or three cats. She told me that she'd had a siamese once which was repeatedly attacked by her other cats. She kept it separate from the others but came home once to find it had all but destroyed her curtains. When she took it to the vet for their opinion she discovered that it was born both male and female. They assumed that the other cats simply didn't know how to act towards it and so ganged up on it. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Neal said:

I wonder if maybe the parent bird (or other animal in other, similar cases) simply knows something that we don't. Maybe they know that there was something wrong with it and simply 'put it out of its misery.'🤔

Many years ago, when I was at art college in Falmouth, my landlady had two or three cats. She told me that she'd had a siamese once which was repeatedly attacked by her other cats. She kept it separate from the others but came home once to find it had all but destroyed her curtains. When she took it to the vet for their opinion she discovered that it was born both male and female. They assumed that the other cats simply didn't know how to act towards it and so ganged up on it. 

Yeah that's a good thought . Animals probably have a more workmanlike approach to children than us .

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Neal said:

It's not the rarest of things to find a pair of birds will just not feed a chick and even toss it out the nest and i think they know something is wrong with it so don't waste there time with trying to rear a non starter..

Its only us humans that think nature is cruel...over time, we have become weak,we have been moulded to  keep fellow humans with serious health problems around us,for our own selfish needs(keeps the big pharmaceuticals and health services in work), lets be honest...back in the day,if there was something wrong with a newborn baby,it would of been left out in the elements...fate and the so called Gods decided it it lived or not.....simpler times indeed👍

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Its only us humans that think nature is cruel...over time, we have become weak,we have been moulded to  keep fellow humans with serious health problems around us,for our own selfish needs(keeps the big pharmaceuticals and health services in work), lets be honest...back in the day,if there was something wrong with a newborn baby,it would of been left out in the elements...fate and the so called Gods decided it it lived or not.....simpler times indeed👍

I think Stephen Hawking may prove some of what you are saying  is not correct.  Lol

11 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Bears are fairly sloppy, when it comes to killing things

Saw this on the news the other week,some of the trekkers were saying the bears wanted to “walk with them”,a bear expert said the bears are laying on fat reserves as winter is coming,they followed the group and made bluff charges to size them up,looking to see who wasn’t up to strength,it’s only 30 miles from where the couple and their dog were killed the other day.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mackem said:

Saw this on the news the other week,some of the trekkers were saying the bears wanted to “walk with them”,a bear expert said the bears are laying on fat reserves as winter is coming,they followed the group and made bluff charges to size them up,looking to see who wasn’t up to strength,it’s only 30 miles from where the couple and their dog were killed the other day.

If I went walking in bear areas I'd take 2 pistols on me at all time

• Like 3
  • Sad 1