Nature Can Be Cruel

2 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

Cant see any cruelty there, just an animal doing what it takes to survive, its what happens in nature animals kill other animals to live

Yea I get that, but I think truth be told, we do feel a little anger or sympathy at times, seeing nature do what it naturally does. Be it a magpie eating the eye's out of a lamb, or a mink taking a nesting Moor hen. It is only nature, bit can certainly hit a nerve.

• Like 3

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your a hunting man with a live fox you will be going to prison. If you have a 'sanctuary' called something like fluffy cuddles animal resort I'm sure it's fine 🤣

Don’t always believe what they say mate they are breeding and releasing predators around the country at an almost agricultural rate, first otters then polecats now pine martins popping out the woodwor

If I went walking in bear areas I'd take 2 pistols on me at all time

Posted Images

I was visiting a zoo once about twelve years ago and a duck had decided to take her ducklings for a swim in a pond in the brown bear enclosure.

I took several photos of the bears picking them off one at a time. Several people were saying how cruel it was and couldn't the zoo do anything about it but the keeper shrugged and said something along the lines of 'she won't go in there again will she.' 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Neal said:

I was visiting a zoo once about twelve years ago and a duck had decided to take her ducklings for a swim in a pond in the brown bear enclosure.

I took several photos of the bears picking them off one at a time. Several people were saying how cruel it was and couldn't the zoo do anything about it but the keeper shrugged and said something along the lines of 'she won't go in there again will she.' 

I was in either Borth animalariun or folly farm once , can't remember which (Mrs would remember) me and the Mrs & kids were watching a Rhea and it's baby in their enclosure and for no identifiable reason the rhea started kicking and stamping on its young one until it was dead then just casually walked around . We went and got one of the workers and got him to come and see what had happened and he said " yeah that happens every so often " . Dead bird was put in a barrow and taken away soon after 

11 hours ago, Greyman said:

Don’t always believe what they say mate they are breeding and releasing predators around the country at an almost agricultural rate, first otters then polecats now pine martins popping out the woodwork everywhere, beavers to colonising every corner of the country miles from any official release sites the mad scientists playing god will be the undoing of everything one day 👍

Probably a daft question but whats the reasoning behind that mate why would they do that or whats the science to it ?

19 hours ago, Greyman said:

Don’t always believe what they say mate they are breeding and releasing predators around the country at an almost agricultural rate, first otters then polecats now pine martins popping out the woodwork everywhere, beavers to colonising every corner of the country miles from any official release sites the mad scientists playing god will be the undoing of everything one day 👍

Aye the idea of a tiny released population of predators breeding and spreading throughout the entire country is just unrealistic isn't it pal :whistling::laugh:

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Probably a daft question but whats the reasoning behind that mate why would they do that or whats the science to it ?

Birds can do weird things mate, I once kept a colony of Zebra finches, The parents would rear there young up to a point then completely abandon them to starve or else they would just build a new nest on top of them and lay a fresh clutch of eggs, I was watching something the other week over about Australia where there was this flock of tens of thousands of parakeet's all flying together, a bit like starlings do over here, Apparently they never fly into each other. The reason being, They only ever turn right when flying in flocks. 

17 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Couldn’t really say mate just a strange desire from those with the power, I mean they were talking about wolfs s while ago and I don’t think you need to be David Attenborough to see how that would pan out, it’s a shame that as with most departments now they put idiots in charge with quotas to reach and no understanding of the real issues, I think you need to look at why an animal went extinct before just breeding loads and chucking them out into the same situation, the people breeding and releasing otters had no concern for there welfare just wanted to claim otter in every county they released dozens of them in the canal I live on most drown soon after as they could not back get out due to the steep metal sides, I also no of a river with no fish in that had 6 otters released into it, it’s land locked between two major roads and once they had ate all the water fowl I found all 6 of them on the road dead, i think in 10 years certain things like the beaver would have reached epidemic proportions until the next well intentioned idiot comes up with a plan to sort it out, 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Couldn’t really say mate just a strange desire from those with the power, I mean they were talking about wolfs s while ago and I don’t think you need to be David Attenborough to see how that would pan out, it’s a shame that as with most departments now they put idiots in charge with quotas to reach and no understanding of the real issues, I think you need to look at why an animal went extinct before just breeding loads and chucking them out into the same situation, the people breeding and releasing otters had no concern for there welfare just wanted to claim otter in every county they released dozens of them in the canal I live on most drown soon after as they could not back get out due to the steep metal sides, I also no of a river with no fish in that had 6 otters released into it, it’s land locked between two major roads and once they had ate all the water fowl I found all 6 of them on the road dead, i think in 10 years certain things like the beaver would have reached epidemic proportions until the next well intentioned idiot comes up with a plan to sort it out, 

Right gotcha,thinking they know better than nature kind of thing....proof just isnt enough for some people 🙄

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I was fishing at a place last week, I was talking to the lady that ran it whilst waiting for my breakfast to be cooked, She was proudly telling me how she had teamed up with some wildlife rescue centre and that they were releasing stuff onto her land, This place is roughly 70 acres with mixed woodland, half a dozen ponds a big lake and the canal also borders it. She was telling me how in the last week they had releases 3 Tawney owls and 2 fox's. i tried to find out if these were truly wild animals that had only spent a short amount of time in captivity, She had no clue, Surely someone would have realised that there would already be resident Tawney owls and fox's on that land. She told me she had not seen any of them since they were released Lol. 

2 minutes ago, paulus said:

I was fishing at a place last week, I was talking to the lady that ran it whilst waiting for my breakfast to be cooked, She was proudly telling me how she had teamed up with some wildlife rescue centre and that they were releasing stuff onto her land, This place is roughly 70 acres with mixed woodland, half a dozen ponds a big lake and the canal also borders it. She was telling me how in the last week they had releases 3 Tawney owls and 2 fox's. i tried to find out if these were truly wild animals that had only spent a short amount of time in captivity, She had no clue, Surely someone would have realised that there would already be resident Tawney owls and fox's on that land. She told me she had not seen any of them since they were released Lol. 

I can remember when Walshie had a sudden increase in foxes appear on his land and on closer inspection they had been shaved and injuries healed then dumped on land they had never known I don't think you can move foxes from one territory to another not fair on the fox.

Another example of do gooders actually being cruel really. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I can remember when Walshie had a sudden increase in foxes appear on his land and on closer inspection they had been shaved and injuries healed then dumped on land they had never known I don't think you can move foxes from one territory to another not fair on the fox.

Where I  worked as a youngun they killed 40 in a matter of days,no thermal they said foxes were dumped urban .... 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chaff said:

you probably wont believe this but years ago my dogs had one with three legs, One of seven in less than a week. all daytime in the same area, The Tawney owls that have been released will just be bullied out by the resident owls, That's if they are even fit enough to catch prey to survive,  

1 minute ago, paulus said:

you probably wont believe this but years ago my dogs had one with three legs, One of seven in less than a week. all daytime in the same area, The Tawney owls that have been released will just be bullied out by the resident owls, That's if they are even fit enough to catch prey to survive,  

Crazy carry on and ffs 3 legs 🤣