Nature Can Be Cruel

23 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

If I went walking in bear areas I'd take 2 pistols on me at all time

They had one can of bear spray on the entire party,the guide is a lady from Australia and has only been in Canada six months.

bloke just had his jaw ripped off,and within the last few days a 73 year old lady walking with her husband has been mauled and hospitalised.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your a hunting man with a live fox you will be going to prison. If you have a 'sanctuary' called something like fluffy cuddles animal resort I'm sure it's fine 🤣

Don’t always believe what they say mate they are breeding and releasing predators around the country at an almost agricultural rate, first otters then polecats now pine martins popping out the woodwor

If I went walking in bear areas I'd take 2 pistols on me at all time

Posted Images

My aunt has bought her retirement place in Vermont and taking pics of cute black bears in the garden I said get guns and mace. Apparently blacks tend to kill for food where as grizzlies are more about territory and fear....

• Like 1

I have a friend, he’s in his 70s a proper old adventurer he goes up to Canada to follow the ice melt back in his canoe every so often, and told me of a time he had landed on an island walked up the beach when he saw a baby grizzly bear on the edge of cover but before he could move off the mother came charging out of the undergrowth stood up on her back legs, he said despite all the training he took one look at the can of  bear spray and one at the 8 ft grizzly running toward him and just legged it said no way was he going to wait for it to get to him to squirt it with an aerosol can, made it but close call 

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I have a friend, he’s in his 70s a proper old adventurer he goes up to Canada to follow the ice melt back in his canoe every so often, and told me of a time he had landed on an island walked up the beach when he saw a baby grizzly bear on the edge of cover but before he could move off the mother came charging out of the undergrowth stood up on her back legs, he said despite all the training he took one look at the can of  bear spray and one at the 8 ft grizzly running toward him and just legged it said no way was he going to wait for it to get to him to squirt it with an aerosol can, made it but close call 

cocking-pistol-john-wick.gif

On 04/10/2023 at 02:55, Welsh_red said:

cocking-pistol-john-wick.gif

Was over in Quebec yesterday,saw a couple of signs warning of bear in the area.Years ago I saw a sloth bear,I was told they attack for little reason,they attack the face (apparently)I saw footage of a couple of cops shooting one that had killed three people.

5DA9C0D7-1A74-4BB2-B102-2AF209BD1FB2.jpeg

426D2815-0201-4053-9E52-36E8998FD595.jpeg

3 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Any chance you'll get out with someone for a day on a trap line or hunting etc? 

I actually heard shotguns earlier Eddie,was out walking around the lake at the back of the house before breakfast,loads of skeins of geese in the air and heard someone shooting them,wouldn’t be difficult to get an invite,fishing for crappies next week,going to hire an ice fishing cabin for the day with the guy I salmon fish with when the river freezes over,but apart from that plans are always flexible,you just never know what’s going to pop up.

D60EB982-07F6-43CA-9471-6AEAAD0D3A70.jpeg