Home Euthanasia

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it went well a very professional service from Serenity vet services from Armthorpe in Doncaster the woman who administered the injection was very professional and the old dog never flinched wile

I know it's not so easy for others but it ain't about how other folk feel it's between you and your dog and the right thing to do, it's a private walk(other don't need to know the details) just two of

Buried him in the garden and planted an apple tree. Variety called Red Devil.....because he was pretty close to a devil! Definitely a character and won't be forgotten.

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

My old lurcher is on her last legs and i dont want to put her through the trauma of taking her to the vets which she has not been for year's. Has anyone else used these people that provide this service and what was the procedure.

wont a vet just come out ? 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

My old lurcher is on her last legs and i dont want to put her through the trauma of taking her to the vets which she has not been for year's. Has anyone else used these people that provide this service and what was the procedure.

I just tell the vet to come to the house and do it charge you a load more Ford the pleasure, but less stressful for dog and family if it’s a family dog ?

• Like 5
Just now, tatsblisters said:

I dont know not used a vet for years she is over 15 .

That was what I thinking when time comes just ask the vet to do a call out. Might be worth running by you local vet and get registered with them. Some vets around her have actually stopped taking on people they gone like dentists and doctors 

1 minute ago, terryd said:

That was what I thinking when time comes just ask the vet to do a call out. Might be worth running by you local vet and get registered with them. Some vets around her have actually stopped taking on people they gone like dentists and doctors 

The Vets near me are shocking tbh mate when my daughter 16 year old spaniel's back end went they convinced her to try some medication and injections that cost her nearly 500 notes for the dog then to have to be put to sleep a few weeks later.

6 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

The Vets near me are shocking tbh mate when my daughter 16 year old spaniel's back end went they convinced her to try some medication and injections that cost her nearly 500 notes for the dog then to have to be put to sleep a few weeks later.

Think that’s a common theme. My old dog got big old lump on his leg. Vet wanted a grand to remove it with no certainty. It might or might not come back. She was surprised when I said no thanks. She said his only eight. His not suffering and two years later  the pain in neck is still here.  Think he getting pay back and going to hang on for years 

I had my dog put to sleep at home the vet gave him a sedative and then after he relaxed done what he had to do it did cost a bit more but owning him for 11 years it’s nothing, must say though I found it very upsetting but they do become part of your family.

• Like 5

I've had it done ,bonus she bought a nurse ,goes on the bill ,probably to cover thier backs if anything goes wrong ,nice way to do it ,better than dragging down end of garden and .410 it,watch those last few Muscle spasms, bury it next to the rhubarb! 

• Like 1