another big cat sightings 2

12 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

And what was their reply please mate .

I’m not prying as to the content of any letter mate I’d just like to know their response as I’ve spoke them myself when I was with them .

No problem fd im just trying to answer your questions as I remember the paper work being worded  I would guess you will get a different answer from everyone different you ask that  question to but I have no need to think the lad was lying about what he saw and I know the time and lengths he went to just to try and get some clarity on wether he could or not shoot and what grounds he wouldn't lose his fac 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's great Greyman does his thing and doesn't give a f**k about his critics. Carry on carrying on Greyman.

Id trap it and take the cage to Notton Lane with a note saying " ave that soppy bollocks " ?

Feeders have been there years...get the odd rat but they don't last long,  either the cat or the airgun sorts em out ....I find the cover encourages the birds more 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

No problem fd im just trying to answer your questions as I remember the paper work being worded  I would guess you will get a different answer from everyone different you ask that  question to but I have no need to think the lad was lying about what he saw and I know the time and lengths he went to just to try and get some clarity on wether he could or not shoot and what grounds he wouldn't lose his fac 

Chap I spoke to wasn’t a legal rep but said he was speaking on their behalf ,whatever that means .All he said to me was that they would not sanction the shooting of any escaped pet ,their words ,but that would it to happen they would only defend a case if said cat was shot to protect life or livelyhood .Sport shooting would never be condoned .

Chaps name was David Allen .Was a phone call .

Im not trying to be smart or funny when I say their classification ,if they were to be here would be feral cat as leopards ,pumas etc are not accepted to be roaming the uk by any org whatsoever .

My feo’s words not mine .Feral cats have no defined characteristics and it applies to releases ,abandoned or escaped cats of any breed ,size not a consideration to define .

Im very happy with that choice of words and like I’ve said I would shoot  one if near livestock without a second thought .

Was this a recent thing your talking about mate ?

5 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Chap I spoke to wasn’t a legal rep but said he was speaking on their behalf ,whatever that means .All he said to me was that they would not sanction the shooting of any escaped pet ,their words ,but that would it to happen they would only defend a case if said cat was shot to protect life or livelyhood .Sport shooting would never be condoned .

Im not trying to be smart or funny when I say their classification ,if they were to be here would be feral cat as leopards ,pumas etc are not accepted to be roaming the uk by any org whatsoever .

My feo’s words not mine .Feral cats have no defined characteristics and it applies to releases ,abandoned or escaped cats of any breed ,size not a consideration to define .

Im very happy with that choice of words and like I’ve said I would shoot  one if near livestock without a second thought .

A few years ago now but there's sighting every year round there a farm I shoot he's seen it twice once 20 yards of him in day light  the other time cutting wheat in his field again he's as straight as they come and a different man to who I mentioned earlier  a ocealot was shot by a keeper turns out it was a escapee from a private collection it was replaced thats in the same village 

34 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

As I understand it, fd, feral cat is only 'domestic' moggy.

If you could, could you please put up anthing that refutes that?

7 hours ago, shaaark said:

As I understand it, fd, feral cat is only 'domestic' moggy.

If you could, could you please put up anthing that refutes that?

The thing is mate if we are to accept there’s the odd cat out there it needs to be recognised as part of our fauna before it’s given any protection in law or otherwise .It’s fair to say there have been and no doubt will be releases and escapes from captivity .
As there is no accepted classification for these cats bar under the dangerous animals act they are nothing more than feral cats .They cannot be placed in any other category .

A feral cat is one that was under the care of a human but is now living off its wits in the wild .

Legally ,I’m told and others may disagree ,you cannot shoot a feral for sport ,gain or because it’s killing wildlife .

The only circumstances are livestock protection and to protect life which I take as meaning ours .

Read up on feral cats mate as it encompasses a huge range of size ,colour ,shape and breed .In fact there is no accepted characteristic that takes any cat out the equation .

Feral cats can lawfully be shot if seen to be worrying livestock or indeed a threat to life .

The whole issue around fac holding thinking they cannot shoot one has almost been engrained through hearsay and organisations not willing to sanction it for fear of public reprisal .

Any holder with ALOQ on their ticket is covered under the feral cat laws .

10 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

It's not like that at all, it's because of  people like you two that people stop posting

Everyone needs to stop throwing their toys out of the pram when they don’t agree with what’s written,making snide comments,or someone disagrees with them,and discuss the subject like adults,otherwise the thread just becomes an echo chamber.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Everyone needs to stop throwing their toys out of the pram when they don’t agree with what’s written,making snide comments,or someone disagrees with them,and discuss the subject like adults,otherwise the thread just becomes an echo chamber.

Co.pletely agree mate, there's about 3/4 topics that just go round in circles and the squabbling then spills over onto other threads 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

I agree with that but when one person constantly ruins threads just to try and portray some kind of big man image then cry’s it wasn’t me I,m being bullied after each one gets locked down it becomes a bit tiresome and despite his protestations and some people’s defence of him he is the exact reason that the forum is going down the pan, and yes I am talking about your buddy Tim just incase there is any misunderstanding the blokes a total wanker with the sole interest in trying to score some pathetic one up man ship points while completely ruining the forum, half the forum are in my pm box having polite sensible conversations about the subject because they can’t be arsed with dealing with the prick, It’s very simple just don’t say what you wouldn’t say to someone’s face if you were sat in the same room as them, ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

It's not like that at all, it's because of  people like you two that people stop posting

people like us 2 lol wtf are you on about 

i don’t even post on the big cat threads it’s nonsense i have no interest 

it’s because of lads or should i say women like you lads don’t come on and are banned because you all press report and lads get banned max for instance 

• Thanks 1
  • paulus locked this topic