Sleep deprivation

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some of you f**kers wanna try a good days graft.Up at 5.30 and out with the dogs for 1/2 hour 45mins.All day concreting/slabbing/bricklaying/fencing etc.Out for at least another hour with the mutts wh

You need to burn off a bit more energy then instead of sitting around in your armchair all day telling whoppers on thl about how far you walk 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Its a b*****d that having a piss dream isn't it 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, neil82 said:

in the doc`s again this morning to try and sort out pain relief, no real answers but have to stop one of the ones I take now, they suspect it`s fecking up my liver, don`t know what my options are, green did sod all, booze is not an option (see liver above), got a few morphine capsules but really don`t want to risk getting hooked on them, options???

I’ve just stopped taking blood pressure tablets which were prescribed to me two weeks ago the side affects were horrendous I’ve never felt so dizzy and weird, if you can give them all up i would, I sometimes find the so called relief is worse than the original condition beetroot juice and garlic capsules for me now they are meant to lower blood pressure.

As for your back can’t you try and get to see an osteopath for some pain relief, I remember years ago I had a back issue and some infra red heat and a bit of manipulation done my back wonders. 

59 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

I’ve just stopped taking blood pressure tablets which were prescribed to me two weeks ago the side affects were horrendous I’ve never felt so dizzy and weird, if you can give them all up i would, I sometimes find the so called relief is worse than the original condition beetroot juice and garlic capsules for me now they are meant to lower blood pressure.

As for your back can’t you try and get to see an osteopath for some pain relief, I remember years ago I had a back issue and some infra red heat and a bit of manipulation done my back wonders. 

been warned off any manipulation, bone against bone and fractured vertibra twice just doing normal low impact stuff, getting to the point where I`m housebound, 57 years old and fecked! sat on my arris all day is leading to weight gain and thats just going to make things worse, only so much rabbit food I can stomach

6 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

When I’ve done a hard days graft best thing I do is get my six year old son standing on my back and I don’t how he does it but all my back cracks and feels brand new 

when mine cracks it`s usually another fracture, they hurt a bit!!!!

• Sad 1
6 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I'm a shit sleeper, my brain dont seem to switch off... I sometimes fight to stay awake, its a weird feeling of not wanting to nod off... dunno why... 

got   me thinking about this post, regards sleep, or lack of it. m y wife norm goes before me, 11.30pm , me ive tried to get in bed 12pm, but i not dropping off till 12. 45 am , many a time ive said be up about 12 pm, but get on the fookin phone, and thats dragged me to 1am. i used to sleep well when i been lamping that night, say out 1am lamp till 4 30 am, back home feed the dog, then off to bed, and i deff get good 8 hours , i think was prob tired either  been chased lol, or dragged something big for me freezer . i dont lamp like that no more to old now.  my wife sleep good 9- 10 hours, i find as got older 7-8 hours is enough for, but i must try to get in bed by 12 pm, not bloody 1am , like  been doing for years .! 

Honestly can’t remember ever sleeping more than 4 hours a night .Brains too active they say but never been to a quack as it’s not a problem .Like Sean I don’t need sleep tbh .Done many many all day all night all next day hunts and never felt rough .Night fishing never sleep like some of these carp boys , too much to listen to.
I’m also pretty certain I’ve never had any dreams ,never a memory on waking like some .

24 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Honestly can’t remember ever sleeping more than 4 hours a night .Brains too active they say but never been to a quack as it’s not a problem .Like Sean I don’t need sleep tbh .Done many many all day all night all next day hunts and never felt rough .Night fishing never sleep like some of these carp boys , too much to listen to.
I’m also pretty certain I’ve never had any dreams ,never a memory on waking like some .

last time I think I dreamed was when I was around 12 yr old lol...got that pissed once before and dreamed of having a piss...woke up,I had pissed the bed and also pissed all over a set of Technics 1210's and my mixer after my pals engagement party in my early 20's...? like yourself,I struggle to kip if I'm doing a nighter fishing....if I have a drink,I've an inbuilt mechanism that sends me to bed no later than 1 am ??

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

last time I think I dreamed was when I was around 12 yr old lol...got that pissed once before and dreamed of having a piss...woke up,I had pissed the bed and also pissed all over a set of Technics 1210's and my mixer after my pals engagement party in my early 20's...? like yourself,I struggle to kip if I'm doing a nighter fishing....if I have a drink,I've an inbuilt mechanism that sends me to bed no later than 1 am ??

Its a b*****d that having a piss dream isn't it 

• Haha 7
7 hours ago, neil82 said:

in the doc`s again this morning to try and sort out pain relief, no real answers but have to stop one of the ones I take now, they suspect it`s fecking up my liver, don`t know what my options are, green did sod all, booze is not an option (see liver above), got a few morphine capsules but really don`t want to risk getting hooked on them, options???

You tried codeine and diazepam mate? I slipped 2 discs last Jan and that helped calm it - got permanent sciatica in the toes from it though

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

You tried codeine and diazepam mate? I slipped 2 discs last Jan and that helped calm it - got permanent sciatica in the toes from it though

taken off zapain and put on dihydrocodeine, will see if that takes the edge off things, will keep the diazepam in mind, cheers.

• 11 months later...

What you eat before bed time plays a big part , i try not to eat after 6.clock on work days and avoid caffeine including coco cola also avoid alcohol , that seem to help 👍

• Like 2

I went for years on 4 hours a night, but funny enough if I wasn’t working next day I slept like a baby.

Sunday to Thursday, 4 hours…..Friday & Saturday not a bother, out like a light.

My brain just wouldn’t switch off, making sure I hadn’t forgotten or missed some detail or the other.

Ive always loathed lateness as well so I always wanted to be places early and when I went to bed all I could think about was getting up.

I don’t think it’s a problem when you have the energy of youth and to be fair even when you are older it all sorts itself out, I always took a view that if you don’t sleep tonight then you’ll sleep tomorrow night or the night after…..anyone here who has pulled 48+ Hours straight grafting knows what I mean.

Its a mental thing…….mind you, when you start hallucinating on the M25 at 3 am as I have done a few times after working 3 or 4 days and nights straight then it’s probably time to go home and have a Kip ! Lol 

Never understood people who can’t function if they ain’t had the full 8 hours every night, but I suppose it’s all down to what you get used too. 

• Like 2