Brexit. Success? Too early to judge? Disaster?

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A success in the vote, an abject failure in the execution, thanks to the establishment, the political class, the House of Lords, all of who won’t accept the result of a referendum, a popular vote, mos

Funny that... I've set up 3 new business in the brexit and post brexit period,  The technology business (Atmos-Clear) isn't easy and requires a lot of investment, we've secured, government a

The shithouse remainers tried everything to reverse Brexit but couldn’t, so they decided to oppose everything about Brexit and blame everything on Brexit, just so they could say “I told you !”. I

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Blofeld said:

The question is what proportion of UK business which export at all export to the EU and what fraction of total export trade does that represent? Spoiler alert, 40% of UK  export trade is to the EU. Your post was disingenuous.

I don't know where to begin ?...

8 minutes ago, Blofeld said:

Only £267 billion, small change really.

Your missing the point and in the scale of things it is small change,  if UK  companies choose to export to the EU then they must comply to EU regulations however the much much greater number of companies that do not  export to the EU 92-97% should not be hindered by EU regulations. As far as I'm aware most trade with the EU has continued regardless. The EU is insignificant in the big picture and certainly not worth being ruled by. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Never mind the, but this and but that, The majority of the British voters, Voted to leave the EU on promises that were made by politicians at the time, Its about time they delivered on those promises, Take control of our borders and taking back our ability to make our own laws are but two promises that were made. As for trade with the EU then i believe that the EU wants/needs our trade as much as we do, Its all smoke and mirrors to say otherwise, Behind all these issues you will find a money trail and that's the real issue with politics today, Its never about the people and Country, Always about the money. 

Just now, Blofeld said:

So what do you suggest, stop trading with the EU? You're living in a dream that is slowly and surely becoming a nightmare.

Where did i say anything like that?. The EU needs our goods as much as we need there custom, How this happens can be as easy or hard as the politicians want to make it, Follow the money would be my advice, 

Has it ever occurred to the Remainers that if the UK had just left the EU after the vote (hard brexit) and all had got onboard with the result of a democratic vote we would be in a much better place now?

• Like 4
Just now, Blofeld said:

Brexit was a disaster, even the staunchest of supporters are starting to realize that.

It hasn't started well because our politicians and Remainers are still actively trying to fk it up. just think how long would Germany for example spite us by imposing tariffs when we could retaliate by putting those same tariffs on the likes of VW/Audi/BMW/ Mercedes etc. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Blofeld said:

Brexit was a disaster, even the staunchest of supporters are starting to realize that.

No the politicians that over see it are the disaster. It's like letting a toddler paint your front room, looking at the mess and saying 'see, I told you magnolia would look shit'.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Blofeld said:

Things aren't looking too bright.

BBC News - UK to be one of worst performing economies this year, predicts IMF.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65240749

Worst economy....yet not in recession and 1% growth. Imagine what it would of been if we hadn't closed the economy down for 2 years. 

Why do we need mass growth year on year. Why do we allow bankers and debt peddlers to demand growth growth growth. How about sustainability long term. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1