Scotland abu

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally,...I feel that if there is ever a ban on rabbit hunting/control,.... it will cause a lot of problems , not only to Farmers and Growers, but also for Land Managers , Railway embankments, Mot

Frankly it’s horrible time to be alive in a lot of ways. Trans bullshit, woke madness, immigrants murdering fold, can’t think the wrong thought without being cancelled, division at every turn in socie

We blew our chance of making an impact when 750,000 of us like minded marched on London without any hassle we could of drew media attention from around the world and caused so much shit not just on th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, terryd said:

I asked BASC scotland can we still ferret with one lurcher and the reply was 

Yes. Section 6 of the bill creates an exception for game shooting, where it is still legal to hunt wild mammals provided that no more than 2 dogs are used. There are other conditions in section 6 so I have included a link to the bill for your convenience. Hopefully this answers your question but if you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

https://www.parliament.scot/-/media/files/legislation/bills/s6-bills/hunting-with-dogs-scotland-bill/stage-3/bill-as-passed.pdf

I have emailed back to confirm again. AS I sent the question via there web form so can't remember exactly how I worded it and it needs to be concrete 

Where does it mention ferreting just mentions gor falconry  and deer

3 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Where does it mention ferreting just mentions gor falconry  and deer

When I pushed the point

Hello Terry,

You are not allowed to use Lurchers (or similar) to kill rabbits any longer. You may only use up to 2 dogs to flush rabbits out from cover to then shoot them. Time of day/night doesn’t impact this.

I have been travelling down south which is why the response wasn’t immediate.

Hope this helps,

Cameron

So yea game over :(

I put this reply on another thread but it fit here too. Lads are being very pessimistic. I mean I'm sure most will probably just carry on but lets say you absolutely wanted to stay within the law, you can still hunt fox and rabbits to a gun, can still dig a fox, can still hunt and kill rats with dogs......

I'm in Ireland, my first love is following foot harriers and digging with terriers but through a series of life's turns I no longer keep hounds or a digging terrier and rarely can I travel the 1.5/2 hrs to follow friends packs so I keep myself very happy just mooching locally with my ratting terrier and little lurcher, we can still catch rabbits though. Things are changing here also, land needed for hounds is shrinking around me, we're away off bans but in general the public especially where I live don't have time for hunting especially hounds etc....but no one bothers ya being at rats. I've met farmers out that I know would have ran me if I had harriers and been at foxes but were happy to let me be hunting the ditches and streams for rats. If I lived in Scotland I'd either carry on doing what ever you do or if I didn't want the hassle of looking over my shoulder I'd just adjust my hunting life to suit. Plenty of craic to be had bushing to guns with a pair of dogs, or setting up ratting team. If you had a gun out with you a lurcher could be used to retrieve 'shot' rabbits........

I'd prefer my small pack of harriers and a good fox terrier and hunt and dig away but nowadays that's not an option so I'm very happy to get out every Sunday just for a mooch locally.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, The drover said:

The people voted in 2012 mate . To stay . Its tha wee woman and her green party pals who have stitched up up . Seems like a divisional comment ?

It's a shame the Scots kept voting for her benny instead of distancing themselves from her and understandably the rest if the uk will fear being threw under the same bus..

7 minutes ago, dodger said:

It's a crying shame things have come to this especially when you think how important n generous hunting and fishing has been to the Scottish economy for so many years..

If I was a shooting / stalking man, I’d be very worried about how very incompetent/ inconsequential / unconsidered the likes of BASC / SACS appear to have been throughout this process . 

id imagine there will be a few awkward moments in the meetings when they realise how absolutely unimportant they are in comparison to the extent they believe they are . 

• Like 4

Just had a scout at the bill and the various nil comments from the bodies supposedly representing us . 

as far as I can see . Rough shooting for game remains completely unaffected by this . As in nil , as by the lines stated where a single gun remains the sole owner of two dogs , as that shows a party of 8 guns can in fact use up to 16 dogs to flush mammals / birds so long as the dogs are operating in pairs . Any dogs kept at heel to retrieve remain outside legislation , 

must be nice eh to be be cut and dried , whereas If a terrier nails a rabbit Bolting . Game over . Lovely 

45 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Just had a scout at the bill and the various nil comments from the bodies supposedly representing us . 

as far as I can see . Rough shooting for game remains completely unaffected by this . As in nil , as by the lines stated where a single gun remains the sole owner of two dogs , as that shows a party of 8 guns can in fact use up to 16 dogs to flush mammals / birds so long as the dogs are operating in pairs . Any dogs kept at heel to retrieve remain outside legislation , 

must be nice eh to be be cut and dried , whereas If a terrier nails a rabbit Bolting . Game over . Lovely 

Were does that leave beating on the commercial shoots stiff when beating in a line with multiple dogs