First lurchers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorting through my mums house we came across pictures of my first lurcher, 1979 so I gave the pup an of the era name "toyah" ?. We had terriers and ferrets but this bitch was a game changer for moochi

First rabbit me and my mate ever caught on the lamp. We were about 14 and allowed to take his old mans dog out by ourselves. We used to walk miles. I still know the exact spot we caught it. We thought

My Wife Rosy,...back in 1981,... with good old Lambourn Lucy....?

Posted Images

Sorry about the quality lads. I've got an old computer that I can't get into ATM. I'll get round to sorting it sometime and it's got some better pics than these. It's nice to have a few memories when you're getting on a bit. The photo with the hares is 3 taken on one run with a first cross collie grey.

19 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Sorry about the quality lads. I've got an old computer that I can't get into ATM. I'll get round to sorting it sometime and it's got some better pics than these. It's nice to have a few memories when you're getting on a bit. The photo with the hares is 3 taken on one run with a first cross collie grey.

Absolutely agree, never thought it at the time but it's great to look back even if it's just a few pics

• Like 3
On 15/01/2023 at 23:54, OldPhil said:

My Wife Rosy,...back in 1981,... with good old Lambourn Lucy....?

scan0068.jpg

Moses Smith , Martin Knowlden(?) and Ted Walsh too!

Most of my old photos are in the loft but these  were to hand.20230118_202919.jpg.13387e1bc5646f853f737eb6e8428814.jpg As a puppy ,looking cute and cheeky.20230118_202906.jpg.36c39cc6fa9a48716fcc8844c4671108.jpgAnd with my daughter ,looking a bit smug after a show .Though l can't remember what those prizes were for . Certainly not the show ring .

A well known lurcher person once said that it was a pity that he didn't  grow into his ears because he'd be five MPH faster without all that wind resistance?

Edited by comanche
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, comanche said:

Moses Smith , Martin Knowlden(?) and Ted Walsh too!

Most of my old photos are in the loft but these  were to hand.20230118_202919.jpg.13387e1bc5646f853f737eb6e8428814.jpg As a puppy ,looking cute and cheeky.20230118_202906.jpg.36c39cc6fa9a48716fcc8844c4671108.jpgAnd with my daughter ,looking a bit smug after a show .Though l can't remember what those prizes were for . Certainly not the show ring .

A well known lurcher person once said that it was a pity that he didn't  grow into his ears because he'd be five MPH faster without all that wind resistance?

First Cross collie/greyhound?

Might be wrong, but certainly looks it! Lol.

I do like collie/greyhounds ?

• Like 3

I had my first lurcher in 1980 Prince dh/cg was half decent on bunnies at the time I was ferreting and bolting with terriers  I worked railways and the local disused docks he took a few hares as well old man took him out coursing one day  he opened up he never came home was replaced by Smokey a beddy whip best rabbit dog I ever owned but I will never forget Prince nailing his first rabbit over a pile of railway sleepers and retrieving it 

• Like 2

Started of with whippets yoused to race at Stirling every Sunday yoused to show on the Saturday with my mum can remember first rabbit caught that was me hooked we’d be out every day in the summer holidays and my mum actually got told of a judge at a show in the height of the holidays she wouldn’t place the dog as he had to much muscle mass that was the last one she went to racing was good craic as we were brought up on the story’s of the greyhounds through my dad and I can remember a big old bath at the side of the track filled with water incase a dog slipped its muzzle to get it of the lure they were game little gits taught me a lot wasted now we’re I am no rabbits to ferret or even bush for that matter and that’s all we done used to love going to Whitley bay for Easter in caravan and the adtrader (was it yellow) I studied the breeding of every lurcher up for sale loved it 

hopefully all find a pic to post tomorrow was a cracker Travis 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

Started of with whippets yoused to race at Stirling every Sunday yoused to show on the Saturday with my mum can remember first rabbit caught that was me hooked we’d be out every day in the summer holidays and my mum actually got told of a judge at a show in the height of the holidays she wouldn’t place the dog as he had to much muscle mass that was the last one she went to racing was good craic as we were brought up on the story’s of the greyhounds through my dad and I can remember a big old bath at the side of the track filled with water incase a dog slipped its muzzle to get it of the lure they were game little gits taught me a lot wasted now we’re I am no rabbits to ferret or even bush for that matter and that’s all we done used to love going to Whitley bay for Easter in caravan and the adtrader (was it yellow) I studied the breeding of every lurcher up for sale loved it 

hopefully all find a pic to post tomorrow was a cracker Travis 

Red bitch was my first lurcher 3/4 saluki 1/4 greyhound 

black bitch was pup out her to a dog of Eddie common 

little black bitch I got of a lad of here from Barnsley cocker x patt still have her and what a bitch won’t hunt feather though due to helping feeding the pigeon lofts but she’s given a few pups there education now at 9 year old still keen as mustard 

0FDF27A4-C4AF-4504-9B0C-D8343299676C.jpeg

A4350322-FE94-4210-92D7-B23B3A667CD1.jpeg

A5BD314B-DBE9-417F-986C-F0B5A7147873.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My first dog I got for me 15th birthday I oyned me father t get me a beddy x whippet I remember day I brought her home he says that's not a fukin bedlington whippet , she turned out a belting little bitch 17 years on iv still got her she's been there through it all we me and I never thought I'd say but she out lived me old man. R.I.P Dad 

Edited by BobDown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1