Motorbikes

1 hour ago, comanche said:

Ah it's  actually a C11, but probably no faster than a bantam to be honest?.

An interesting fact,  well a fact anyway  is that  Steve McQueen really did own one ; in British Racing Green. 

I have built prettier bikes?20221217_231622.jpg.e7ac7229a344a6383fa93bf4c4c1f299.jpg20221217_231548.jpg.a7af9e4a685cb99ac38cba07206c9ffd.jpgThis last one ,modelled by a small Grandchild, emerged from the derelict remains of a 67 Bonneville and anything l could beg out of friends' scrap piles .

I saw it at a bike show a few years ago and only recognised it from the number plate . As the photo shows the very hairy owner had done a little bit of work on it! Screenshot_20221012-082931_Facebook.jpg.0ce1306d38a2649dcd369f1552701a9a.jpg

This one is owned by one of my best mates . He didn't build it like this ; it just evolved over the 40 years of his careful ownership?Screenshot_20221012-084922_Facebook.jpg.91a98a72cc56657f40d6111ae2abfd64.jpg

This Yam Ycs3 was the pride and joy of a wayward friend from my teenage years. 20221217_231632.jpg.5fbce240f0bf357721340c77906cb79a.jpg

Now would you rob a petrol station wearing a lime green leather and make your getaway on a bike with a custom paint job and expect to escape identification?

It was 45 odd years ago but l've blocked his face to avoid his ebarrassment .

Edited by comanche
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have built prettier bikes?This last one ,modelled by a small Grandchild, emerged from the derelict remains of a 67 Bonneville and anything l could beg out of friends' scrap piles . I saw it at

A yammy TT my bro restored  and  a Ex Dutch army motor guzzi project my mate is just starting.

Here is my last bike ( and l keep fighting the urge for another one ). I just kept it legal and running ,never bothered with cosmetics . It wasn't  until l looked at the photos  later that l

Posted Images

I've got a couple of older smaller bikes sitting in my basement which i picked up a while back, ones a 1975 Yamaha DT100 which i pulled out from the scrapyard i use to work at, it was seized up pretty good, i stripped it down and got it freed off then got it running but it does need a rebuild, but i found out that the mx 100 engine will fit straight in so found one in America that i had shipped here that i'm going to fit it in sometime...and the other one is a 1970 Honda CL100 scrambler which i gave $100 for that had been sitting in a barn for a while, it has only got 4600 miles on it from new, cleaned the carb, new oil/fuel and away it went, but someone has chopped the loom to the lights...don't know why? so i found a couple which i had shipped here waiting to go on....and also a new battery as the Honda won't spark without it not like the Yamaha...both bikes need some work especially the yamaha....

IMG_1588.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Some cracking bikes on this thread, any of yas into moto cross or scrambler bikes, i always loved the early to mid 90s scramblers, especially the kx250s

First one i ever owned was a Cotton with a handmade frame and with a 249cc Villiers engine in it. Similar to the one in the picture but mine was far more battered around 1980 ish 

1962-cotton-cougar-630380a411be5.jpg

The RL outfit Loved this bike, just so much fun, only downside was having to take the sidecar off every time i wanted to get it in or out of the back garden. The gear change was on the left under the back brake so it was between the bike and the side car so if you went over you couldn't damage it, 

002 (2).png

005 (2).png

013.png

SAM_0177.jpg

009 (2).png

The Aprilla Pegaso Build, This had been leaning against a shed in a blokes garden for 11 or 12 years before i got him to sell it to me, There was a mouse nest in the front headlight, Bramble had grown through every gap possible and even some you would not have thought possible, 

SAM_0172 (2).jpg

008.png

002.png

SAM_0051 (2).JPG

51 minutes ago, paulus said:

The RL outfit Loved this bike, just so much fun, only downside was having to take the sidecar off every time i wanted to get it in or out of the back garden. The gear change was on the left under the back brake so it was between the bike and the side car so if you went over you couldn't damage it, 

002 (2).png

005 (2).png

013.png

SAM_0177.jpg

009 (2).png

Be worth a few quid nowadays

2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Be worth a few quid nowadays

I paid a grand for it plus the shipping costs to get it here, No idea what i spent renovating it, Realised it was a pain to get in and out of the back garden and sold it for £2500 probably covered my costs without the labour ? 

50 minutes ago, paulus said:

The Aprilla Pegaso Build, This had been leaning against a shed in a blokes garden for 11 or 12 years before i got him to sell it to me, There was a mouse nest in the front headlight, Bramble had grown through every gap possible and even some you would not have thought possible, 

SAM_0172 (2).jpg

008.png

002.png

SAM_0051 (2).JPG

You’re definitely a talented chap ?….ex brother-in-law made trikes out of beetles and bikes from scratch ….  Dead jealous tbh , I get excited when I change the oil filter and it goes to plan ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, paulus said:

SAM_0172 (2).jpg

008.png

002.png

SAM_0051 (2).JPG

Turned out top class

4 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

You’re definitely a talented chap ?….ex brother-in-law made trikes out of beetles and bikes from scratch ….  Dead jealous tbh , I get excited when I change the oil filter and it goes to plan ?‍♂️

Was possibly mate, However that was in the past, age has made me sell the tools and take another direction, This getting old shit really sucks ?

Just now, Lenmcharristar said:

Turned out top class

It was, shall i say different to ride than any normal 125cc it had the Rotax 123 engine in, The same one they put in there AF1 track bikes, The power valve on it was incredible, I sold it to a guy, My cousins mate, He brought him over to pick it up, The blokes saying i will ride it back its only a 125, an hour later i rang my cousin and asked how he got on, He said he was as white as a ghoust when he got off it, I said tell him its only a 125   ?

5 minutes ago, paulus said:

Was possibly mate, However that was in the past, age has made me sell the tools and take another direction, This getting old shit really sucks ?

Was definitely , and still are mate , get what you mean , but the talents in the brain,you see past a pile of bits ….. the body just does what’s being  processing ?…. If you can build bikes , what else could you build smaller lighter and easier to manage ,and your photography ain’t bad either , apart from being a mod you seem an aright chap ??

38 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Was definitely , and still are mate , get what you mean , but the talents in the brain,you see past a pile of bits ….. the body just does what’s being  processing ?…. If you can build bikes , what else could you build smaller lighter and easier to manage ,and your photography ain’t bad either , apart from being a mod you seem an aright chap ??

My problem is, and has always been, i can not just do something, i have to understand everything about or associated with it, Take photography, i only wanted to learn photography but to do that i had to learn lighting, photoshop. that took nearly a year to understand to a level i felt comfortable with, Plus all the other shit i was never going to use, I never wanted to be a photographer even though i ended up doing just that, That's why i gave it up, My hands put pay to the motorbike game even though i still have a semi complete KTM 250 in bits in the shed that i have given to my oldest lad. who knows one day he might get the urge. At the minute i am looking for something to occupy my head as without it i am likely to go crazy ?