Where have all the people gone?

Just now, jigsaw said:

Is it possible to just post a decree,if anyone gets heavy handed and downright insulting,they will be removed post haste,no warning ,just removed with no explanation?I obviously don't know how it works behind the scenes but chopping the head off the snake every time would surely stem the venom? Or am I spouting shit?

How forums work makes it impossible to do that unless the forum owner changed the format of the forum. As it b

stands my best opinion is to ignore the ones who are causing the problems, They only post to get a reaction, if no reaction comes they will soon get bored. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your the voice of reason TOMO,never any need to bring a wife or child into an argument, it's quite sad to be honest. 

paulus max tells me there has been no conversation between the two of you...? so why ban him again..there's no need for it... same as there's no need to be calling him a sex tourist...or put

I don't know if, or why he is banned,but the member who had a go at his wife and kiddie, whoever it is, needs to look at himself in the mirror. Unacceptable,shameful, out of order.

Posted Images

Just now, keepdiggin said:

Maybe employ some more mods?

i’d like to chuck my name in the hat

That would not make one bit of difference, every report on here is acted upon but the actions we can take are limited to what the forum allows us to do. Its as frustrating for us as it is for you but that's the way it is. 

Just now, paulus said:

That would not make one bit of difference, every report on here is acted upon but the actions we can take are limited to what the forum allows us to do. Its as frustrating for us as it is for you but that's the way it is. 

Ok mate 

Ok gentlemen. In my humble opinion . Get rid of General discussion. Bring back discussion which only has a bearing on our sport  reach out out to the people who are only interested in what we love. Get rid  of those idiots who  are quite frankly, idiots who wish to cause trouble. Let’s move on in a positive direction. All the powers that be would like us to be stopped so let’s not argue among ourselves. Jok

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, jok said:

Ok gentlemen. In my humble opinion . Get rid of General discussion. Bring back discussion which only has a bearing on our sport  reach out out to the people who are only interested in what we love. Get rid  of those idiots who  are quite frankly, idiots who wish to cause trouble. Let’s move on in a positive direction. All the powers that be would like us to be stopped so let’s not argue among ourselves. Jok

Don’t take this the wrong way mate, but what sport ?……hunting with dogs will be over in the next 3 years maximum ! 
In Scotland it will be the next 3 months ! 
There’s only so much you can say about this stuff if it don’t involve anything a bit “gritty”…….I personally think hunting with dogs is the most exciting thing to read, everything else like fishing and shooting you just have to be there really or it’s too immersive to really do it justice in a post if you don’t want to write a thousand words.

Great looking dogs leathering the f**k out of all sorts of tackle was a nice easy thing to get into and it lead threads in all sorts of directions that kept them interesting…..that’s history now and it’s never coming back.

Now, as Paulus rightly described the other day, it a place for a bit of craic amongst some old farts……some of it is interesting, some of it gets nasty, some of it boils over and some of it gets silly.

That mate, is where we are at.

jmho 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

To be honest I used to put up loads on the ferreting and lurcher pages, a fair bit on the fishing.. but I dont anymore... there's only so much you can say/write about days out and we all know the crack and how it goes...

I agree the site has lost loads of good lads, was speaking with one today who has "jacked" on here... but the general section ain't too bad imo.. there are some decent enough topics amongst the shite, and still decent blokes contributing... I read the other pages, but rarely contribute, so I guess (like many) im as much to blame for the general demise... 

Its the only social media type place I use, bit like a local pub more than hardcore social media... I wouldn't want to see it go anyway 

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Don’t take this the wrong way mate, but what sport ?……hunting with dogs will be over in the next 3 years maximum ! 
In Scotland it will be the next 3 months ! 
There’s only so much you can say about this stuff if it don’t involve anything a bit “gritty”…….I personally think hunting with dogs is the most exciting thing to read, everything else like fishing and shooting you just have to be there really or it’s too immersive to really do it justice in a post if you don’t want to write a thousand words.

Great looking dogs leathering the f**k out of all sorts of tackle was a nice easy thing to get into and it lead threads in all sorts of directions that kept them interesting…..that’s history now and it’s never coming back.

Now, as Paulus rightly described the other day, it a place for a bit of craic amongst some old farts……some of it is interesting, some of it gets nasty, some of it boils over and some of it gets silly.

That mate, is where we are at.

jmho 

Thats it mate... the things you want to write about you can't.. so the posts on actual hunting with running dogs are pretty samey... 

There's still a lot to be said for a nice write up with a few pics, its better than watching the soaps anyway.. lol

• Like 3