I was out walking a wood local to me in the SW and this guy pops up.. Spoke to a couple people and apparently round here there been loads of pigs sightings in wooded areas.. He doesn’t appear to be a wild pig to me but maybe I’m wrong? Does anyone know why these pigs are popping up round here?

FD87FE72-A4DB-4DAB-A914-CFC0E151ADD2.jpeg

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pannage or rewilding. Youd have to be a pr*ck to put the dog on a domestic pig. Some heros on here ? 

I was told a funny story from an old bloke ,when he were young him and his mate decided 2 gee the lurchers up on a young pig they stumbled across in a pen in a wood ,his mate jumped in 2 secure it and

There was a big escape in Wales but don't think they lasted long, we don't have the land here if forest of Dean was in the valleys they wouldn't have a high density boar problem....?

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Budgiesmuggler said:

I was out walking a wood local to me in the SW and this guy pops up.. Spoke to a couple people and apparently round here there been loads of pigs sightings in wooded areas.. He doesn’t appear to be a wild pig to me but maybe I’m wrong? Does anyone know why these pigs are popping up round here?

Stacks round here 

13 minutes ago, Budgiesmuggler said:

Sure it’s not part of some woodland clearance project? 

• Like 1

Depends where in the sw 

first off there’s pannage ancient act where certain time of the year pigs are allowed to graze on fallen nuts , new forest is prime example 

and as mentioned here in Dorset they allow pigs to clear heathland , one lot are those curly haired pigs mangalizta ? Of whatever their called . 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Depends where in the sw 

first off there’s pannage ancient act where certain time of the year pigs are allowed to graze on fallen nuts , new forest is prime example 

and as mentioned here in Dorset they allow pigs to clear heathland , one lot are those curly haired pigs mangalizta ? Of whatever their called . 

There the ones that give Julian on Yorkshire vet the run around. Funny  watchin him visit that woman's pig farm the hairy basturds make a right old noise when he jabs them up. Lol 

56 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Sure it’s not part of some woodland clearance project? 

I’m not sure I’ve not heard of anything like that happening here.. I’ve walked that woods for over ten years now and never seen one before. Apparently there’s a load in the woods by by local seaside town now too.. 

18 hours ago, Budgiesmuggler said:

Does anyone know why these pigs are popping up round here?

Apart from them being put there to forage as some said, anywhere there are domestic pigs there will be escapees. As Daniel cain said they turn feral very quickly and start to resemble wild boar with hair and bigger ivory.