We all know, that hares, deer, foxes, carnt be run with a sighthound, with this fookin hunting ban with dogs. But not sure if n wild pigs come under that ban, most landowners, and farmers want the bloody things brought under control. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pannage or rewilding. Youd have to be a pr*ck to put the dog on a domestic pig. Some heros on here ? 

I was told a funny story from an old bloke ,when he were young him and his mate decided 2 gee the lurchers up on a young pig they stumbled across in a pen in a wood ,his mate jumped in 2 secure it and

There was a big escape in Wales but don't think they lasted long, we don't have the land here if forest of Dean was in the valleys they wouldn't have a high density boar problem....?

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, bird said:

We all know, that hares, deer, foxes, carnt be run with a sighthound, with this fookin hunting ban with dogs. But not sure if n wild pigs come under that ban, most landowners, and farmers want the bloody things brought under control. 

Course they do. All mammals are banned with exemptions for rats and rabbits.

To be fair wild pigs get a really poor deal. Intelligent creatures, given no season, no chance of a break from the rifle lads. Shot day and night, all year round, with night vision and thermal. Shot when rearing young, when pregnant, etc. And mainly shot because it’s a good Willy waver. Not to mention the heros ‘testing’ their pack of curs ? 

I like pigs ? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Course they do. All mammals are banned with exemptions for rats and rabbits.

To be fair wild pigs get a really poor deal. Intelligent creatures, given no season, no chance of a break from the rifle lads. Shot day and night, all year round, with night vision and thermal. Shot when rearing young, when pregnant, etc. And mainly shot because it’s a good Willy waver. Not to mention the heros ‘testing’ their pack of curs ? 

I like pigs ? 

Try Coalville lad

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Some wild boar was let out on exmoor by animal rights extremists. Not sure how the population is doing up there. I know a few we’re getting exercised with dogs ?

Most will find deer before pigs or choose to. ?