New York beckons

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sight

I'll be with the wife ...there'll be feck all blowing of any form I can guarantee ye lol

I retired at 51 after 26 years out there and kept my airline benefits, including the free flights for me an my missus. We still travel a lot, the missus more so than me. I've not worked again, and don

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Was it a reality check coming back to Geordie land?  My nephew has worked as a spark in half a dozen different, oil rich countries and has lived like a king. When the jobs dried up he found it hard to handle being an ordinary Joe working shifts on 30 odd grand. But he actually loves wind and rain after sheltering from sun for years.

I retired at 51 after 26 years out there and kept my airline benefits, including the free flights for me an my missus. We still travel a lot, the missus more so than me. I've not worked again, and don't miss the pressure or responsibilities.

I sometimes wonder what life would have been like if I had retired to Australia or New Zealand, but we probably have the best of both worlds, a base here and the ability to travel. ?

Cheers.

• Like 7
16 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Look for a little taxidermy type shop on broadway called evolution. I think you’ll like having a nose around there. 

That's certainly looks worth a ramble around thanks

Screenshot_2022-10-07-10-09-08-954_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1
Just now, Borr said:

Never been, but I'd be looking for best steak sandwiches etc, shorty's or somewhere ..

My son's said the same ,but food is way down the list of priorities....no doubt we'll have a few nice evening meals ,the son has a list of must visit food emporiums...I'm not that bothered tbh lol

• Like 1

I went into a guitar shop somewhere under a bridge in Greenwhich village, spotted they were selling Manson guitars, they are made in Exeter in Mansons guitar shop (used by the likes of Matt Bellamy, muse)... got yapping to the lad in the shop, a New Yorker, he was in regular contact with a good old friend of mine who worked in Manson for years... was bizzare to stumble on a place and a person in New York that had such close links to my little town....

There a good music pubs around that area, not so glitzy and less bullshit, SeanC off here was telling me about a bar (I think called The Lion) where they have open mic nights and you don't know who may turn, Billy Joel and Bruce Sprigsteen have just turned up un announced and played a few songs etc...

• Like 3
4 hours ago, dytkos said:

Spent 5 days there, early 90s, did the full on tourist thing, all expenses paid ? Still spent £1100 lol NY is amazing but once is enough tbh.

Cheers, D.

Isla wants to go now mate, I took Millie for her 18th but me and Marie had already done the main sight seeing stuff before, so had to do Empire State, Statue of Liberty etc again... I can't do it for a 3rd time!!! lol

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Isla wants to go now mate, I took Millie for her 18th but me and Marie had already done the main sight seeing stuff before, so had to do Empire State, Statue of Liberty etc again... I can't do it for a 3rd time!!! lol

Poor Isla … she couldn’t have a pup and now she can’t go to New York …. What a terrible father. 

• Haha 1