New York beckons

3 minutes ago, mackem said:

I am quite adaptable,been in genuine wilderness many times,but I also like people watching,I am sure NYC-LA overland will be interesting,I could have just flown direct but feel like a walkabout.

I'm the same mate, I love going to Cities, London, NY, Paris, Hong Kong etc... sit with a coffee and people watch, love the food choices, the constant movement etc,,,but would never want to live in one, we can be in London in 2 hours 15 from Exeter St Davids, do a weekend and its only 2 hours and 15 and I'm back in yokel land!! lol

Love going but probably love coming home a bit more!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some sight

I'll be with the wife ...there'll be feck all blowing of any form I can guarantee ye lol

I retired at 51 after 26 years out there and kept my airline benefits, including the free flights for me an my missus. We still travel a lot, the missus more so than me. I've not worked again, and don

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mackem said:

Currently in New York,it’s called the city that never sleeps but better in that respect.

8E0C2263-D612-4CF2-B1A2-0904F0BAADDC.jpeg

221243D2-A41F-4A1A-B2D7-F3E0C75532A7.jpeg

BEBA5229-48A8-4A75-88E9-0684E30E2C30.jpeg

49AC2FE3-B2D8-40AF-95DE-233A2AB97C89.jpeg

E415D2CA-F35D-48EB-9FE6-6919390FC271.jpeg

Once was enough for me anyhow,...enjoy the madding crowd and lunatic prices

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Once was enough for me anyhow,...enjoy the madding crowd and lunatic prices

In a black neighbourhood,I am the only white guy in McDonalds,some guy just came in moonwalking like Michael Jackson,getting an Amtrak south in a few days.

B7193703-133C-4A06-A854-A3D5E9CBEC35.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mackem said:

In a black neighbourhood,I am the only white guy in McDonalds,some guy just came in moonwalking like Michael Jackson,getting an Amtrak south in a few days.

B7193703-133C-4A06-A854-A3D5E9CBEC35.jpeg

Crazy place,....lots of crazy people,....I just don't have the patience to be dealing with it all anymore ?

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, mackem said:

I just embrace the madness ??

Youll be lucky to get out alive, youll either get pumped up the donegal pass by a tranny or murdered by some criminal who got let out 2 days after murdering some pensioners. Lol good luck mate 

• Haha 1

3am this morning I was approached by a guy with the opener “I may not look like it but I am fairly wealthy” he had a house that was worth $900k (he lived on the street),I told him he is incredibly wealthy but lives on the street,I am incredibly poor but live in a house,go figure,I bought him a coffee.

B4FF9D61-CC43-4821-90B3-02B568D49B26.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, mackem said:

I was in Cabela's, unfortunately it was April,the hunting /shooting sections were not as well packed as they would have been usually but the fishing section was unbelievable,....if I ever get back there,( never going to happen I'd say) ...I'll have another good look about

I was chatting with a man working on the site here only yesterday ,the topic of holidays came up ,and he told me he was just back from New York,I asked what he thought of it ,...he hated the place too,...lower Manhattan he stayed in,....I said to myself thank fuk,it's not just me lol....I'm still paying for the holiday,my loan is almost done , another month Ive it paid off,some waste of time and money

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

I was in Cabela's, unfortunately it was April,the hunting /shooting sections were not as well packed as they would have been usually but the fishing section was unbelievable,....if I ever get back there,( never going to happen I'd say) ...I'll have another good look about

That video doesn’t touch on the fishing section,it was exceptionally busy yesterday,the salmon are running.

2 hours ago, mackem said:

That video doesn’t touch on the fishing section,it was exceptionally busy yesterday,the salmon are running.

I was exceptionally busy myself ,....painting door frames and window boards lol.....you had the better deal by far ...yeah the fishing section was massive in the store I was in also,you'd need a few hrs just to take in the fishing offers ,.....

• Like 1