38 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I wonder what Harry was thinking when he looked at prince Edward “ I’ve done two tours of Afghanistan, you dropped out of Marines basic training, and I’m in civvies “ ? 
          I get the whole reason , Harry has basically left the Royal family and this country , and gone to Hollywood. But he is still an ex service man who served Queen and country . He knew what he was giving up and that this day would come . But if I was Edward I don’t think I would have the brass neck to put on a uniform in his presence. 

But don't forget that Edward is a thespian in every sense of the word. At the moment he's playing a hetrosexual.

• Haha 1

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true friend of the countryside and everything involved with it 

Well played old girl ,  The lads will never forget you.  it was an honour . 

Literally toilet humour again .    And why do you think it went like clock work and immaculately ? Cause the armed forces ran the gaff , not some panel of industry jostling for position. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mackay said:

Did I just hear on the radio they reckon 4.1 billion people tuned in?, half the worlds population. I'm no cynic but I find that hard to believe.

I was in Windsor for Harry's wedding, Prince Philips funeral but never seen it as crowded as today, and I know a few people around the world glued to their TV screens. 

IMG_20220919_195551.jpg

IMG_20220919_195515.jpg

IMG_20220919_195449.jpg

• Like 7
51 minutes ago, mackem said:

I was in Windsor for Harry's wedding, Prince Philips funeral but never seen it as crowded as today, and I know a few people around the world glued to their TV screens. 

IMG_20220919_195551.jpg

IMG_20220919_195515.jpg

IMG_20220919_195449.jpg

I was well pleased when I saw you’d stood the que and paid your respects the other day.. kind of a northern thing as I couldn’t get there?

On the night the old girl passed I was stood with me mate who served her and tonight we were stood together toasting her with home grown bramble gin… a truly wonderful woman!

hats off to our site wanderer?

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, si brown said:

I was well pleased when I saw you’d stood the que and paid your respects the other day.. kind of a northern thing as I couldn’t get there?

On the night the old girl passed I was stood with me mate who served her and tonight we were stood together toasting her with home grown bramble gin… a truly wonderful woman!

hats off to our site wanderer?

We are british si, we all stood there today, whether physically or spiritually,true brits were there in mind, body, or soul, she is our queen ?

IMG_20220919_164837.jpg

IMG_20220919_211837.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Very powerful display of class and dignity i thought....yanks must be sitting there saying " f**k me they know how to do things over there "....Britain and London came to the front and showed the world our pride,passion and power....just a shame tomorrow it'll be back to stabbings,shootings and showing how feeble we are again !

Watched most of it on telly and a few lumpy throat moments one that really caught me was outside Westminster Abbey,it was silent then the tv guy just referred to her as " this gentle christian soul ".....it really got me it was like he was describing a nice old lady who just happened to be The Queen.....beautiful....and yes the lone piper caused some sniffles as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1