• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A true friend of the countryside and everything involved with it 

Well played old girl ,  The lads will never forget you.  it was an honour . 

Literally toilet humour again .    And why do you think it went like clock work and immaculately ? Cause the armed forces ran the gaff , not some panel of industry jostling for position. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

My biggest concern was one (or 100) well placed cruise missile/s. There will have been land based interceptors, airborne early warning and typhoons on QRA covering London but such a rare event must be a very tempting strategic opportunity for adversaries at such a tipping point in the worlds power balance.

Anyway, it’s over now. The British brand has just had a hell of a boost. The final act of a remarkable sovereign.

In regard to the British brand, an obvious and trivial observation maybe, but the vehicles used today... Bentley, Land Rover, Range Rover and Jaguar. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

In regard to the British brand, an obvious and trivial observation maybe, but the vehicles used today... Bentley, Land Rover, Range Rover and Jaguar. 

Sadly, Bentley is owned by VW/Audi, and Jaguar Land Rover are owned by Tata India.......

Cheers.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, mackem said:

SBS

Screenshot_20220919_093045.jpg

When watching things such as this I cannot help but try and spot those who may be doing a more security focused job than it appears. Usually the "footmen" on horse drawn carriages who's eyes seem to be constantly flicking around the crowd. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, FLATTOP said:

The pipers lament very powerful stuff I’m sitting here an emotional wreck.

Out of all the repatriations I’ve been to when on ops the jock lads ones always get me because of the bagpipes. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Sadly, Bentley is owned by VW/Audi, and Jaguar Land Rover are owned by Tata India.......

Cheers.

I was aware of that but the "brand" is still considered to be worth investing in. A far more downmarket example, I bought a modern Mini last year. Still built in Britain but owned by BMW of course. The Mini brand is the selling point both here and around the world and BMW know that. I watched lots of video reviews before buying one and something that I found odd was that the English reviewers got rather embarrassed when it came to new Union Flag rear lighting configuration. All the overseas reviewers where "now we come to the best part of the new Mini, rear lights in the shape of the Briddish flag , how cool is that?"

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, socks said:

Out of all the repatriations I’ve been to when on ops the jock lads ones always get me because of the bagpipes. 

Ask someone to repatriate your fingers ! Lol ? 

Nah, with you on that mate, the lone piper at the end of the service got me ;) 

• Like 2