Show us your books

29 minutes ago, jeemes said:

If you want good writing you should look at Robert S Surtees mate, a bit heavy at first but brilliant. I would class DB Plummer as an arch bull shitter, inventing himself on Tuesday and writing a book by Friday type of bloke, but sadly expecting us all to believe his blarney, but still better than J Darcy.

I shall check him out, thank you ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been with a mate this afternoon talking about going on a full blown pike mission this winter… no lakes with named fish just wild river fish.  me first 25lbd 20 year ago:) this books

Rogues and running dogs and nathan

If you have not already done so I would highly recommend a read of this. The most interesting book on working terriers ever written IMO. One time he's digging badger at Chequers with his Sealyhams (mu

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Wideboy said:

I’ve picked this back up, piking will start in a few weeks! 

BA66A161-C602-47F7-BABC-2438ECACAE34.jpeg

Just been with a mate this afternoon talking about going on a full blown pike mission this winter… no lakes with named fish just wild river fish. 
me first 25lbd 20 year ago:)

6CE8FD91-6E3F-4C9A-A2B8-D19F84B9E3C9.jpeg.2ef89cc5e04ae299dc3935f301bc65f0.jpeg

this books not exactly a read but an insight as to what’s the unexpected 

30C483A7-7E78-49FC-9B3D-3FF0C304298B.jpeg.4094708ac0f03c054ebbb263c7455d82.jpeg

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

That’s a lovely fish, well done! I think I’m mad but I’m going to give one of the western loughs a good go this winter, there about 1.5 hrs away, so not too bad. I know the IFI gill net it, but there’s still a few special fish left in it! They’re only 22,000 and 44,000 acres in size !! 

I’d be giving it a bash too?
they’ll only of scratched the surface nettin it… pm walshie if there’s anything about your neck of the wood in that book, I sent him a while back!

id be tempted to troll it with dead baits and bells the old way?

1 hour ago, si brown said:

Just been with a mate this afternoon talking about going on a full blown pike mission this winter… no lakes with named fish just wild river fish. 

Nothing like getting the big girls from a river, had a couple of mid twenties as well all taken on trout dead baits either on the bottom or jigged. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Nothing like getting the big girls from a river, had a couple of mid twenties as well all taken on trout dead baits either on the bottom or jigged. 

Is the Shannon at Athlone still good for pike I fished it in 1980 and it was full of pike. 

11 hours ago, jeemes said:

If you want good writing you should look at Robert S Surtees mate, a bit heavy at first but brilliant. I would class DB Plummer as an arch bull shitter, inventing himself on Tuesday and writing a book by Friday type of bloke, but sadly expecting us all to believe his blarney, but still better than J Darcy.

Plummer wrote some excellent books ball shiter or not ,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Wideboy said:

Ah but you need a boat for that! 
I don’t get what you mean by PM walshie? What do I need to tell him? 

It just had a massive list of all the big pike caught going back donkeys years all over the uk and Ireland . he asked about a spot near him so I gave him the book as it had the lake in and some history on it?!

Them drifter floats are good for covering large spots with good braid on. 

9 hours ago, si brown said:

Used to love pike fishing, not done any fishing for years and I don't like carp fishing but I may get out this winter to have a go at the pike now I live near a good river 

• Like 2