up the lionesses

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I couldnt agree more im all for healthy living youngsters chasing their dreams..........but we pay Sky top dollar to watch top football that is now going to be consistently polluted with crap womens football that most people dont give a shit about.

Let them have their own channel/build their own game/get their own following.......on their own merit.  

Mate our TVs are full of more and more shit every year, I heard on the radio this morning Big Brother is coming back, you've got Essex, Love Island, loads of celeb shows with zero celebs on them... half the shit on our TV is for the brain dead.... and the majority of it gives a bad message to our kids imo... so although I'm not particularly interested in watching the womans game, I think it is a far more positive thing to promote than half the shit that gets air time...no need for a new channel, just replace a pile of shit that's already on..

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it does get more girls out playing sports, the shit young girls seem to put up with these days with social media, having to look a certain way, stupid pouting pictures, the need to be liked by

Posted Images

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

We are all being dictated to and held to ransom via sport though mate it doesnt take a clever person to see that.....my view is we never gave a bollock about womens football yesterday so why do we today ?......because its being forced on us thats why....nah im not having it its poor quality football all in the name of diversity and progress.....pure bullshit !

There’s lots being forced on us mate, 22 Nordic looking birds kicking a football is the least of my worries.

Least we didn’t have to put up with the puke inducing “our brave 3 lions” like we did last year or whenever with that f***ing pigmy Saka and the other two when they couldn’t take a f***ing penalty ! 

There’s all this diversity shite being forced on us all over the show mate, I’m quiet surprised you can’t take a bit of joy from our own doing well at something without having to have some Zulu shoe horned into the equation ?

As I said, it worked for me anyway.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The mens team lost in the final after penalties last Euro... they've not played well lately, but id say they have improved massively under Southgate, he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's pushed us to a world Cup semi final and a European final, if your judged on major competitions only his record is fantastic 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

The mens team lost in the final after penalties last Euro... they've not played well lately, but id say they have improved massively under Southgate, he's not everyone's cup of tea, but he's pushed us to a world Cup semi final and a European final, if your judged on major competitions only his record is fantastic 

Now, if we want to talk about stuff being forced on you then look no further than the England mens team…..I think they have all the bases covered when it comes to shoving propaganda down your neck, however I’m sure they will dream up more……what we missing ?, a few queers, a transgender and somebody with aids or one arm……Im sure they are working on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Never saw the start of the match but was there any bending knee shite in the ladies match .

Yes there was mate but we are getting that anyway, I’ll take any victory for white people I can get.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, WILF said:

Now, if we want to talk about stuff being forced on you then look no further than the England mens team…..I think they have all the bases covered when it comes to shoving propaganda down your neck, however I’m sure they will dream up more……what we missing ?, a few queers, a transgender and somebody with aids or one arm……Im sure they are working on it.

My point was only about everyone saying the mens team should take a lol at the woman, regards winning and achievements.

The last 2 tournaments the men were semi finalists and finalists, so there can be a certain amount of pride in our national side, the feel around the country for the last men's euros was great imo...

10 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

My point was only about everyone saying the mens team should take a lol at the woman, regards winning and achievements.

The last 2 tournaments the men were semi finalists and finalists, so there can be a certain amount of pride in our national side, the feel around the country for the last men's euros was great imo...

Yeah, I know mate.

I think fair enough, don’t watch because the standard isn’t the same as mens elite….we can say that.

What we can’t do is complain that it’s not worth watching because it’s a diversity and woke fest…..if you ain't watching England based on that then you ain’t watching mens or womens period……in fact you ain’t watching top level football at all.

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Yes there was mate but we are getting that anyway, I’ll take any victory for white people I can get.

And black people playing for West Ham are OK too. 

Hypocritical or what?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

And black people playing for West Ham are OK too. 

Hypocritical or what?

Mate, there’s black players, we know that.

But at least this can’t be turned into the normal “look at the courageous black man helping silly old whitey to do something good” 

I bet they were f***ing gutted ! 

I have been thinking of why I find the hype and media exposure of the women's game so irritating. I  am not that much of a miserable old so and so and certainly not a misogynist. I could give examples to prove that point both in family and working life but this is not really the place. I have no problem with girls and women enjoying playing or watching football or men enjoying watching games. I think my irritation comes from the modern interpretation of feminism. Not so much about equality and an even playing field for all anymore, love that, but more that sexual equality is usually not only a one way street but has also been warped into simply women wanting to behave like men. 

The ladette and girl power culture of the 90's being a prime example. A decade that resulted in many working class single mums with tattoos and beer belies whilst the middle class "wild child" types finished their degrees and became yummy mummies. And it is a former ladette that reminded me of this. Zoe Ball.

I try and to avoid listening to radio 2 these days. Or radio Richie. Richie being the annoying traffic news presenter but who is given ever more involvement for no other reason that I can see (hear) other than that he is gay. Who gives a shit one way or the other? Actually Sara Cox, another former ladette, would make a far better breakfast show presenter having warmth and humour akin to the late, great Terry Wogan who not have a cat in Hell's change of getting that job today.

I had no choice but to listen to Zoe Ball yesterday and she was so exited and gushing about the England ladies achievement. Then she made the comment that it is so nice to able to watch football without seeing the spectacle of fat men with their tops off. Could anyone be offended by that comment, and we should not offend anyone these days? Well it did not matter as we know that who she was referring to were fat, white, most probably heterosexual working class men. They don't count. The same sorts who have supported their clubs and national (men's) teams home and away from being a kid and football in England would not be what it is today without them. But wouldn't it be so much nicer without them? According to Zoe Ball it would.

See an example below. Part and parcel of our beautiful working class game.

fat fan.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1