I was out walking me little terrier thing before taking the lurchers as she's in season ,anyway we had nice walk along the river and on way home we walked passed a warren and I watched a cat stalking young rabbits and actually entering the warren and going to ground ,I stood waiting for five minutes and the cat popped back out with a young rabbit in its mouth .

Any one else see cats do this ? 

No pic as didn't have me phone on me 

• Like 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pics wouldnt have made any difference mate.....photos of cats are always blurry and out of focus....lol

My old girl used to have a pedigree show posh siamese thing when we moved to the farm he always fetched plenty of youngsters back to the door(kept the ferrets happy, not so much me) another trick he u

I have bolted real wild cats with ferrets, they are terrified of them, yet will fight a dog. I used to kill wild cats and sell pelts for sporrans, I would not touch one now and it sickens me how

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

I was out walking me little terrier thing before taking the lurchers as she's in season ,anyway we had nice walk along the river and on way home we walked passed a warren and I watched a cat stalking young rabbits and actually entering the warren and going to ground ,I stood waiting for five minutes and the cat popped back out with a young rabbit in its mouth .

My old neighbours cat would bring back rabbits all summer but can’t say I seen one enter.. fair play to the cat tho, be replacing ferrets soon ?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Budgiesmuggler said:

My old neighbours cat would bring back rabbits all summer but can’t say I seen one enter.. fair play to the cat tho, be replacing ferrets soon ?

Made me laugh because it ploded along the Rd with it and cars stopping to let it cross.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

pics wouldnt have made any difference mate.....photos of cats are always blurry and out of focus....lol

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 15
6 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Lots of new developments have rabbits but cats take all the youngsters so the population dies out in a few years.

I live on a new development right on the edge of a city, snowshoe hares and Eastern cotton tail in the street often, but cats are never allowed out here as they are easy prey for coyote. 

IMG_20220417_135803.jpg

• Like 4

Was out once,good few miles from any farm or houses,and the dogs knocked one out of some cover..it dropped to ground ,seeking shelter from one of my old black dogs? didn't end well for the cat...and my dog was a mess,dirty smelly things?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My old girl used to have a pedigree show posh siamese thing when we moved to the farm he always fetched plenty of youngsters back to the door(kept the ferrets happy, not so much me) another trick he used to do was catch moles on a regular and no lies he used to always drop them in the toaster ? why i dont know but honest truth he did, a few times i didnt notice until the smell was coming from the toaster that wasnt my toast ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 8