Negatives of dog kennels like this

3 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Each to there own realy but the ones with the plastic square mesh ones look sound , and if I lived in a country with poisonous snakes etc I’d like mine of the floor too , them plastic square ones are probably better than solid concrete floor as the piss would drain strait through , fair enough the shit wouldn’t but it doesn’t on solid concrete either , seen some the rabbit hunting fours in us for little beagles and terriers some look mint , some look like rabbit hutch’s with slats so the shit falls through but they not my cup of tea , as pup or adult dog could snap a leg pretty quick , 

@Bosun11 Was watching couple yard tours the other day and some of them bull dog legends keep dogs in worse housing conditions than I’d keep my worst enemy , hutches sizes ferret hutch , no bedding material , mesh floors so feet spread open like duck feet, metal barrel full front open no bedding etc etc , I understand some yards keep a lot of dogs but if they can’t house them then they shouldn’t 

Most of them old bulldog legends are nothing more than dog peddling old hillbillies who probably dont live much better themselves.

• Like 2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Used plastic  barrels for yrs,decent size opening and a floor on timber runners inside,few drainage holes and the dogs are warm and dry,in the summer when it's hot they sit on top if you make a little

Semi common design down here for alot of peoples hunting dogs and the like. Looking at expanding my welding deal and considering making these. Not that worst thing to weld up and they sell for $950-$2

Each to there own realy but the ones with the plastic square mesh ones look sound , and if I lived in a country with poisonous snakes etc I’d like mine of the floor too , them plastic square ones are

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, C.green said:

I alkways think you run your dogs out daily they should half hold themselves so not as if they should be pissing n shitting in the runs daily

Exactly mate.Ive got 2 here and never have to pick a shit up or wash down piss on my yard.Same when I had multiple dogs in kennels with the exception of very young pups.Quick half an hour in the morning and a good walk of an evening is all it takes.

• Like 4
On 07/04/2022 at 05:10, Wolfdog91 said:

Semi common design down here for alot of peoples hunting dogs and the like. Looking at expanding my welding deal and considering making these. Not that worst thing to weld up and they sell for $950-$2000 depends if their single doubles ( I've seen them go as far as 10x stations) Just curious what are some negatives y'all can see about these....y'all are pretty good at finding negatives so figured I'd ask ??

Seriously though really curious what y'all would change even if it's not super applicable to here in the US.

O and BTW sorry for not posting this in the dog channel but their like four different ones and don't really know which this would fit best in ?

Screenshot_20220407-010057-296.png.41c6d0f869098076f2725e78861b60ab.pngScreenshot_20220407-010619-439.png.f40a781af559b45b4c10d2faebe92648.pngScreenshot_20220407-040213-051.png.bbb5bcf0a28bf388e370e45d8c230ef1.pngScreenshot_20220407-040239-692.png.366da2dfe420f57a342a37570c11eafb.pngScreenshot_20220407-040306-354.png.baa0bda648843517bc124415e7719d70.png

Sorry forgot to mention these are ment to be semi mobile hence why their on sled frames ( alot of people like to have the ability to move them around easily for whatever reason along with not wanted to have to pour a concrete permanent slab) and all the wood in probably built ones is pressure treated and water resistant to begin with and most people will  put a water seal coat over them . Dosent really soak of smells too bad. Or at least I never noticed because you generally put these down wind if your house lik.Don't know if y'all have Thompson's water seal or similar but it's usually something like that .You also just take a water hose and wash them off twice daily or so. So do have the boards where their space apart a inch two three though as a slightly different design to help with cleaning.

I'm from the states by the way. They look nice. But like the other's I think the wood flooring is not the best option.

Take a look at this for ideas: kennel flooring

Good luck!

On 08/04/2022 at 16:41, C.green said:

I alkways think you run your dogs out daily they should half hold themselves so not as if they should be pissing n shitting in the runs daily

Only down side to that once they get a routine if your running later from work or got some thing going they can be busting a gut holding it in. My dog will piddle in the yard ok but he will get in a right state before he takes shite. He will pace for bloody ages winging and whining and get in a right pickle lol. Not an issue as a rule but its all ways on me mind his routine so he dont get stressed out 

On 08/04/2022 at 16:41, C.green said:

To me its not just about hygiene its the mental stimulation a dog gets....they're not stupid they know they are spending vast amounts of life restricted for space and i think that has huge bearing on working/sporting dogs i remember working dogs years ago who had seen little more than a bird fly all their life they were hard work compared to a well adjusted mentally balanced dog familiar with using its brain in every day life i think you lose a lot of drive keeping dogs as restricted for space as those little cages.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

To me its not just about hygiene its the mental stimulation a dog gets....they're not stupid they know they are spending vast amounts of life restricted for space and i think that has huge bearing on working/sporting dogs i remember working dogs years ago who had seen little more than a bird fly all their life they were hard work compared to a well adjusted mentally balanced dog familiar with using its brain in every day life i think you lose a lot of drive keeping dogs as restricted for space as those little cages.

Spot on pal. Is one of the many reasons I much prefer a good chain spot to a kennel/run set up, I feel like the freedom to move about and see what's going on around the rest of the yard etc is great for the dogs mentally as well as physically.

• Like 1