Diesel price.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mate says the rise doesn't affect him as he always just puts twenty quid in.  

I think born keeps his cards close to his chest mate with regards to how he operates .  The geezer has worked and toiled in the professions he is passionate about  to the nth degree . I’ll take h

Thankyou, and I'm sure that will be well received by stopend too. Certainly an end to the matter. Very unlikely to take issue with it or have much to say in response. But if he did then I'm absolutely

Posted Images

I don't think this really has much to do with UK government policy or oil companies profiteering.

It's true that politicians are using the Ukraine situation as an excuse for rising prices, when in fact it has only really caused a short term spike, but fundamentally this is a result of COVID. I've spent the last 12 years in the oil industry, I survived the 2014 crash, I've seen tons of redundancies since, I even survived the financial turmoil of COVID up until about 10 months ago when I finally got the bullet too. Now I'll be leaving the industry in two weeks but my point is that the industry MASSIVELY reduced it's manpower and output through the pandemic to keep companies afloat and balance the oil price. Once the world started to come out of lockdowns and restrictions the demand for oil products went up but the industry wasn't able to keep up (in some instances it's beneficial not to!) and so the price has been rising ever since.

I have no idea what recruitment is like in the oil industry right now, but going off my immediate circle, experience and talent are leaving, which will only slow down the industries ability to meet demand.

Personally I'm expecting much more of this. Life is going to get basic for a while until the world finds sustainability. The era of 'plenty and comfort' we have lived through since the 80's is not normal, it's a brief moment of calm in an otherwise violent and cruel history.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I have no idea what recruitment is like in the oil industry right now, but going off my immediate circle, experience and talent are leaving, which will only slow down the industries ability to meet demand

Many have been seduced by Russian money,  my brother was offered all sorts of crazy money from Russian oil companies,  maybe they'll be coming back now ?

Just as an example, the research dept I worked in for most of my career had about 120 years of industry experience in it shared between six members of staff. By the time I was laid off they closed down the dept, keeping only the two most junior staff, transferring them to another dept. Those two lads had a combined 6 years experience.

COVID stripped that company, and eventually the industry, of 120 years experience and left it with 6....

That's why the oil price is rising.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Many have been seduced by Russian money,  my brother was offered all sorts of crazy money from Russian oil companies,  maybe they'll be coming back now ?

Some will sure, but even now I know of talented and experienced oil industry workers, with a lot of career in front of them, leaving off their own backs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Just as an example, the research dept I worked in for most of my career had about 120 years of industry experience in it shared between six members of staff. By the time I was laid off they closed down the dept, keeping only the two most junior staff, transferring them to another dept. Those two lads had a combined 6 years experience.

COVID stripped that company, and eventually the industry, of 120 years experience and left it with 6....

That's why the oil price is rising.

Least you had the old pop career to fall back on mate ????

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I was gonna say cash in but your already minted haha but may aswell mate they making good money just now for some reason 

Yup, it won’t hurt people to go back to basics. We have got families driving a 60,000 merc on tick living a council house, all the kids get spoilt. I got used to living a decent enough existence but bieng brought up in a trailer with no hot water and a tin bath I got no problem with going back to basics.I’m just about f****d with chasing work to survive my backs f****d??.sell up and by a small place by the sea own a 350,000 pound house but drive a rolls Royce cullinan???

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I don't think this really has much to do with UK government policy or oil companies profiteering.

It's true that politicians are using the Ukraine situation as an excuse for rising prices, when in fact it has only really caused a short term spike, but fundamentally this is a result of COVID. I've spent the last 12 years in the oil industry, I survived the 2014 crash, I've seen tons of redundancies since, I even survived the financial turmoil of COVID up until about 10 months ago when I finally got the bullet too. Now I'll be leaving the industry in two weeks but my point is that the industry MASSIVELY reduced it's manpower and output through the pandemic to keep companies afloat and balance the oil price. Once the world started to come out of lockdowns and restrictions the demand for oil products went up but the industry wasn't able to keep up (in some instances it's beneficial not to!) and so the price has been rising ever since.

I have no idea what recruitment is like in the oil industry right now, but going off my immediate circle, experience and talent are leaving, which will only slow down the industries ability to meet demand.

Personally I'm expecting much more of this. Life is going to get basic for a while until the world finds sustainability. The era of 'plenty and comfort' we have lived through since the 80's is not normal, it's a brief moment of calm in an otherwise violent and cruel history.

If you think this is ALL COINCIDENCE born I'd put the books down and enter back into reality... Things are going to get a LOT worse very quickly... Lol you think the world's supposed think tanks didn't know this...why you think they have the world economic forum or bilderberg meetings..

Create the problem...

Wait for public's reaction..

Then offer their already well planned solution....

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, stop.end said:

If you think this is ALL COINCIDENCE born I'd put the books down and enter back into reality... Things are going to get a LOT worse very quickly... Lol you think the world's supposed think tanks didn't know this...why you think they have the world economic forum or bilderberg meetings..

Create the problem...

Wait for public's reaction..

Then offer their already well planned solution....

Enter reality....

I'm speaking from real life experience in the oil industry and you're speaking from your experience of international politics? Or would that be what you've read on the internet?

No shit, you disagree. LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Enter reality....

I'm speaking from real life experience in the oil industry and you're speaking from your experience of international politics? Or would that be what you've read on the internet?

No shit, you disagree. LOL

Lol..you know f**k all about me son... Life experiences...what age are you again... Lol..30 something?

People on here might think your intelligent... But sitting in your bedroom playing with G.I. Joe and some planes and tanks  reading the oil and gas journal and regurgitating shite doesn't fool me ..???

• Haha 2
Just now, stop.end said:

Lol..you know f**k all about me son... Life experiences...what age are you again... Lol..30 something?

People on here might think your intelligent... But sitting in your bedroom playing with G.I. Joe and some planes and tanks  reading the oil and gas journal and regurgitating shite doesn't fool me ..???

Yeah, so you’ve worked for the IMF then yeah? :laugh:

• Thanks 1