Russia Ukraine WW3

44 minutes ago, WILF said:

What’s everyone’s opinion of Zelensky asking us to start WW3 by engaging with Russian forces in a no fly zone ? 

Madness imho though i reckon if Russia was still a communist country it might be a bit different as when its all over they will all go to lining each others pockets.

• Like 1

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

Here’s a thing, none of these people have our best interests at heart….they don’t care about people or nation…..that can’t be refuted, the proof is there every single day of our lives and we can all see it.

So to me, the question is, should we be anti Putin or anti war ?……..we should no more be rallying behind our political leaders in this thing than we should Putin……every f****r here is our enemy, let’s not forget that.

jmho 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

The most important and true phrase to remember in any discussion involving anything political ? 

We all make mistakes at times but the mistake that the public collective continually makes (as they suckle from the establishment that provides their milk of sustenance in the form of news, information and decision making)...is that they judge all outcomes with the mindset of 'lifes a mystery' and 'their just doing their best those in power.' That's how most people live their lives, with very little planning, routine or discipline and therefore believe everyone else is the same, even politics!?

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

We all make mistakes at times but the mistake that the public collective continually makes (as they suckle from the establishment that provides their milk of sustenance in the form of news, information and decision making)...is that they judge all outcomes with the mindset of 'lifes a mystery' and 'their just doing their best those in power.' That's how most people live their lives, with very little planning, routine or discipline and therefore believe everyone else is the same, even politics!?

I like to think people just don’t have time to think stuff through mate, that’s not their fault, they are busy just trying to keep the head above water.

Theres lack of time, apathy, defeatism (which hands up, I am a victim of myself) ………

However it’s hard not to think badly of people when you see that “Sleeper” in Birmingham getting elected or people running to support politicians who have spent the last 70 years actively trying to erase them from their own history and own lands. 

It seems to me that with older people there is a resistance to admit “they got f****d”, we all did but it seems older people still continue to refuse to believe it……which is understandable, it’s hard thing to say everything you ever held as a given was in fact bollocks.

My mother in law still genuinely believes that money (in global terms) has a value and that the system isn’t designed to generate debt nobody will ever get out of……I suppose none of us want to admit we have failed those who will come after us, but we have.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, WILF said:

What’s everyone’s opinion of Zelensky asking us to start WW3 by engaging with Russian forces in a no fly zone ? 

I think that would be a bad move - to put British pilots in British planes on active duty over that airspace would probably drag us into a proper war with Russia the second they first engage and, likely other NATO countries. 

I wouldn't put it past Putin to send a barage of missiles straight at one of our carriers.

Zelensky knows it would be a mess but, his back is to the wall right now anyway so, I don't think he's too worried about dragging others into it.

The best thing for us is probably to just let it play out.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

I think that would be a bad move - to put British pilots in British planes on active duty over that airspace would probably drag us into a proper war with Russia the second they first engage and, likely other NATO countries. 

I wouldn't put it past Putin to send a barage of missiles straight at one of our carriers.

Zelensky knows it would be a mess but, his back is to the wall right now anyway so, I don't think he's too worried about dragging others into it.

The best thing for us is probably to just let it play out.

So is Zelensky a friend or a danger ?

Edited by WILF

Firstly I don't agree with  ratcheting  this situation up with bringing in NATO  on the battle feild  but just to play devil's advocate again,   is zelenskiy not just asking for what was promised to him? 

I think the sensible line is to say they are all a danger to us ,putin equally. 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, kanny said:

Firstly I don't agree with  ratcheting  this situation up with bringing in NATO  on the battle feild  but just to play devil's advocate again,   is zelenskiy not just asking for what was promised to him? 

I think the sensible line is to say they are all a danger to us ,putin equally. 

Fair comment mate and I don’t know what was promised but I know we promised Russia we wouldn’t expand east so equally, Putin should be entitled to what he was promised…….which is essentially what this conflict is all about isn’t it ?

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Fair comment mate and I don’t know what was promised but I know we promised Russia we wouldn’t expand east so equally, Putin should be entitled to what he was promised…….which is essentially what this conflict is all about isn’t it ?

Who knows...a lot of tit for tat over  years its difficult to pin down any one reason nor should we  as I'm sure there's far more nuance than any of us can really get our heads around. One thing I am certain about is its always going to be the common person who pays the  price for these geopolitical  games.

• IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3