More bad news

18 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

What an lose your job aswel as licence dogs and most probably wife lol. Still got reg on van an they put it through who was driving van that day or if you've got van all week ffs 

I didn't say a company van ffs, just a typical work van, hi-viz vests and jobs a good un. 

Much better than driving with a motor full of bull crosses in the back windows. ?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never had permission to course hares, even before the ban. Its allways been illegal for me, so no change. Will a magistrate put a 70 year old man who's dog run off and chased a big rabb

It's all but over for average lurcher owners, sure there'll be the die hards that will carry on regardless but normal lads that made up the majority are getting out of the game for one reason or anoth

Phil ,I used the same word when I posted my disgust on their page earlier..... embarrassment!!! Then the patronising words that you don't need to take one for the pot nowadays as food is easily a

Posted Images

The days are numbered for the man that wants to match and compete to show his fine hound doing what it was bred for , but for me life will go on, catching for the pot as normal ,take what you need and leave the rest for another day,they can take your motor take your dogs and take your freedom but they can't take what you have , the right to live off the land,good luck lads and lasses for the tough times ahead ,ATB bobza

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, bobza said:

The days are numbered for the man that wants to match and compete to show his fine hound doing what it was bred for , but for me life will go on, catching for the pot as normal ,take what you need and leave the rest for another day,they can take your motor take your dogs and take your freedom but they can't take what you have , the right to live off the land,good luck lads and lasses for the tough times ahead ,ATB bobza

I like my dogs. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

Skinning and jointing one takes long enough, fook taking anymore 

Carrying the fecking things on your shoulders through woods, ditches, over fences is zero fun. Especially If you’re not meant to be there and have to make several trips. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

A white van ? You serious ? 

Eh, does the colour matter. 

The emphasis is on the hi-viz gear, just normal work lads. 

I dont know about you but I have never been pulled over in my work van. 

Again, better than driving in an estate with meat in the back. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Eh, does the colour matter. 

The emphasis is on the hi-viz gear, just normal work lads. 

I dont know about you but I have never been pulled over in my work van. 

Again, better than driving in an estate with meat in the back. 

I suppose it depends when / where etc. Round here white vans attract quite a lot of attention from the busy bodies. They associate them with the travellers. Same with little jeeps.

• Like 1

I'm an oldie, so I no longer want (or need) to freelance,...but, in the past, I have experienced hassle from a few misguided fellows, who vigorously offered,.. to either take my dogs from me, or shoot them....?

This type of behaviour is completely unacceptable....

Over the years I have noticed, that the penalties for having a walk out, have slowly but surely been getting far harsher.

I've always paid my dues and somehow, found the vonga, to pay my fines, and of course, I have been handed out several thrashings....mostly well deserved..?

But,.. I always believed that such events, kinda go with the territory,.. shit  happens,.. etc, etc.. ?

Nowadays, I keep running dogs as family pets, I still love to hear about the exploits, successes and adventures of other  contemporary hunters,.. but I have scant desire myself, to kill too many critters...

My most recent encounter with a officer of the law, ended fairly quickly, when he told me he had the right to impound my cur bitch.. I was innocent of any wrong doing and was simply, in the wrong place, at the wrong time..?

I told the guy straight to his face, that if he or any colleagues attempted to steal my dog,.. they would be turning a pathetic stop and search , into a major fecking incident,...so why make trouble for us all, when you don't need to.

Yeah,. .I'm not keen on losing my dogs, I've lost enough of them 'in action'...so feck all that malarkey.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I suppose it depends when / where etc. Round here white vans attract quite a lot of attention from the busy bodies. They associate them with the travellers. Same with little jeeps.

But don't you think that's because you can spot a gypsy a mile off? ?

All I can say is it's tried and tested, and it depends on where and when you get spotted I suppose. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But don't you think that's because you can spot a gypsy a mile off? ?

All I can say is it's tried and tested, and it depends on where and when you get spotted I suppose. 

A van around our country lanes at night would make people very suspicious. Saloon car dogs tucked away would be better ?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

A van around our country lanes at night would make people very suspicious. Saloon car dogs tucked away would be better ?

I'm on about going to pick gear up the day after, not out lamping with the dogs. 

You won't get much big tackle in a saloon with a motor full of dogs. ?