Surprised and disappointed at this site.

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

It’s foreign muck! Same with Chinese.

I don’t mind a Thai though…

I'll be honest whilst we're getting it out there, I'm finished with Chinese restaurants, third one now that's given me deadlines as you walk in the door, trying to rush you through, shouldn't have anything to do with hospitality in my recent experience. Had a nice Italian the other night , of late I've been looking at highest reviews and it seems to be paying off, get to try food that mightn't be my first choice. Think we'll be eating at home until spring though, we've had a good run on restaurants over the summer and it shows ??

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought something may have been mentioned on here today as it’s armistice day …. anyway lest we forget ……

As much love,respect and appreciation as we all have for fallen soldiers its hard to stomach a society that demands that for 1 day of the year we act all patriotic and proud of the sacrifice men made

Mate, surely it’s about remembering, not posting on a forum/fb/insta etc.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, All-terrain said:

Tried blowing Liverpool women’s up 

9603901E-6B94-4D42-B9AE-0322160A567B.png

Didn’t anyone tell them we put up a silhouette of a paki soldier ?……they couldn’t have known, that’s what it will be !

15 minutes ago, All-terrain said:

Cabby spotted the bomb and locked himself in with the terrorist 

Probably a paki cab driver who would rather die than let the bloke off with a £1 cab fare ! Lol 

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

While we are discussing this....... in the name of light hearted history I’ll tell ye a story. 

My grandfather spent some time in North Africa and the Middle East.... mainly hunting down  and ambushing Italians in the desert.

He had his own troops but also was told to find and work with some of the native tribes. 

Somrwhere in North Africa he ended up with a load of black, Afro wearing camel jockeys - wilfs favourite folk ? 

Anyway they didn’t know what they were called so affectionately labelled them fuzzy wuzzys.

Through various sign language etc they managed to convince these lads that rather than attacking them and stealing their weapons they should make a deal - they go and kill Italians and get paid a bounty. .... in arac (the local fire water).

Anyway they had to work out a way for the deaths to be proven so decided they would swap an Italians ear for some booze. It worked well for a while but they had to change it to a pair of ears as the sneaky b*****ds were cutting both off giving in one

- getting pissed and coming back with the other lot of ears froM the other side of the head ? 

He said it was a bit surreal swapping necklaces of ears for grog...... but it worked ? 

My grandad was fighting in Africa al alamain they looked black and pakis from the sunIMG-20211114-WA0003.jpg.fe3f279f5b3a7444c08d4f1ca0ecca1c.jpg ? 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

My grandad was fighting in Africa al alamain they looked black and pakis from the sunIMG-20211114-WA0003.jpg.fe3f279f5b3a7444c08d4f1ca0ecca1c.jpg ? 

Awesome photo mate. I’ve got loads of boxes of slides from then back at my folks house. I’ll have to dig them out. What I always think when I see those kind of photos is how much like Men they look and mostly were boys! Different times. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

My uncle (dad's uncle really but we were close to them as a family so all called him uncle Dick) fought at Alamain with the long-range desert group. His son later served with the sas and was allowed to take his Dad to sterling lines to meet the current regiment where they treated him like a vip for the day. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

My uncle (dad's uncle really but we were close to them as a family so all called him uncle Dick) fought at Alamain with the long-range desert group. His son later served with the sas and was allowed to take his Dad to sterling lines to meet the current regiment where they treated him like a vip for the day. 

Deserved to be treated like a vip mate ?great generation a men 

37 minutes ago, All-terrain said:

What’s that meant to mean ? It’s a women’s hospital where they go to have kids ye helmet, only you thinks your funny wilf get back in ye bog shack ye weirdo 

Lighten up mate ! 
I do understand the concept of a womens hospital strange as it may seem ! 

4 hours ago, WILF said:

No, I’m saying they shouldn’t be getting a special mention that other people don’t get ! 

5 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

The more you speak the dafter you sound mate. Stick to things you actually know about. 

So you are saying we shouldn’t remember any non white members of the British armed forces ? 

Rhodesians 

theybhave to have their own ceremony , shocking when you think really as no country gave more in reality 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

Great autobiography Ian smith “more British than the British” we sold them down the river 

? They say northern Ireland is more British than the British and were being sold down the river to 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

? are you serious ?

Yes im being deadly serious....you knew what i was getting at because my first post on the subject said that we all know the part they played yet you continually pretended to think i was digging out the sentiment itself and not the timing of the sentiment........im not a war historian i dont know the numbers of turban wearing men who fought i just acknowledge and accept they deserve respect and credit for the part they played and thats good enough.

But the problem for me is that when folk like you do these things its all part of what i call the " racial bean counting " of making sure that white people feel sufficiently guilty for non white peoples lack of achievement......Wilf used the term " shoehorning " which is also a good one....its the basic concept of this obsession society has with counting the black and asian faces,we agonise over them not being represented in sufficient numbers to the point where we over represent them in order to raise non whites to a higher level than they achieve by merit.....its all a tremendous drain on society and part of the psychological poisoning that white people are forced to feel when non whites dont achieve on the same level.....its a guilt that no other race has forced upon them nobody feels the need to throw a few more white people into the Olympic 100m sprint final due to the under representation of whites we just acknowledge and accept the racial difference in that blacks tend to be better sprinters than whites !

Anyway apologies for my half hearted rant it just does my bollocks in when we constantly have to fight against nature and biology in order to have what we perceive to be a fair world :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1