Wild Camping, Hiking, Back pack, Tent talk, Mini camper etc.......

10 minutes ago, mackem said:

It is Marmots mate,your sis and her mate sound cool as,great trip,you not tempted?

Ahh! Thanks Mac.. I guessed right then for once! I always get an invite from her. I've got a bike that would be fine but i don't fancy buying all the racks and bags and stuff to do the bike packing thing just once or twice a year. The oder I get I'm becoming a less is more type bloke lol..  She's a teacher and goes up into Scotland pretty much whenever school is closed! I don't know why she doesn't move up there to be honest!

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent a few days living out of my kayak along a secluded river.    

Iv'e just bought a old horsebox lorry to convert into a camper/living truck as such,a 1985 Bedford TL and a good chance it's the newest lorry i have ever bought ,mind you full service history and only

Not exactly wild camping but camping at our feild , wanted to take kids away n every thing elce fully booked or very busy so thort balls we will just go to feild    Kids loved it 2 of me mates co

Posted Images

My big sis and her mate had their first wild boar encounter a few nights back camping out on their Italian adventure lol...

Screenshot_20230821-201145.jpg.1440b3de8e3d8b3c2443c204c8c0c654.jpgIMG-20230817-WA0009.jpg.d8a8666ac9b062a7522cb3e63e905047.jpgIMG-20230819-WA0003.jpg.8a0945c74524d399add129b7a795def4.jpg

I told them to keep an eye out for the Wolf's, Lynx and Bears.. don't worry about the bears too much I said.. there's only around 50-60 of them kicking about!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

don't worry about the bears too much I said..

Of the three species bears are the only one to be afraid of over there,a bear killed a jogger in italy last month.

your sis and her mate are having a great experience,any idea of the kilometres she expects to cover start to finish?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Of the three species bears are the only one to be afraid of over there,a bear killed a jogger in italy last month.

your sis and her mate are having a great experience,any idea of the kilometres she expects to cover start to finish?

Yes.. I had a quick look into it Mac and from what bit I read it didn't seem like the bears were a threat to humans but goes to show doesn't it!! I won't tell her about the hiker being killed until she's back home!!

Good question about the distance they've covered.. I don't actually know but I'll find out. They've had some problems picking the trail up and had to turn back on themselves after climbing for ten miles. They've settled in a village I think and are having a few rides out from there by the sounds of it. They don't go with a strict plan as such.. just wing it type of thing but both of them are very experienced and know their shit.. apart from wildlife that it!!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

They don't go with a strict plan as such.. just wing it type of thing but both of them are very experienced and know their shit.. apart from wildlife that it!!

I like people like that,little bit different,it’s not something the average lady thinks of doing,good on the pair of them.

• Thanks 2
5 hours ago, mackem said:

I like people like that,little bit different,it’s not something the average lady thinks of doing,good on the pair of them.

What got me into the wild camping was about 17yrs ago and old cumbrian mate I used go lamping with asked me if I fancied a camping trip up in Scotland. I can't remember the exact route, but was on Rannock moor above Kinloch Rannock we started from and did a solid 5 days and 4 nights out. Stopped in boffys for 3 nights and 1 night in the tent. I loved it, I add my old dog with me. I remember back then I had all old bog standard kit which weighed a ton lol. Kit has seriously moved on now as my pack now fully loaded is about 6kg ( that's without food or water ) tho.  

A old pic of me about 27yrs ago wild camping for a few days up Scotland while running the dogs. I used to love my little trips away 

20220318_150613.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, mackem said:

Thanks mate.. yes, totally agree. She been at it for years. Done loads of solo stuff off the west coast of Scotland an inner Hebs. When she's not teaching and doing D.O.E she bolt's upto Scotland.. usually Cairngorm's hiking and skiing when possible. I tell her she might as well move up there!! Lol..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

What got me into the wild camping was about 17yrs ago and old cumbrian mate I used go lamping with asked me if I fancied a camping trip up in Scotland. I can't remember the exact route, but was on Rannock moor above Kinloch Rannock we started from and did a solid 5 days and 4 nights out. Stopped in boffys for 3 nights and 1 night in the tent. I loved it, I add my old dog with me. I remember back then I had all old bog standard kit which weighed a ton lol. Kit has seriously moved on now as my pack now fully loaded is about 6kg ( that's without food or water ) tho.  

A old pic of me about 27yrs ago wild camping for a few days up Scotland while running the dogs. I used to love my little trips away 

20220318_150613.jpg

Fckn hell.. looks a right trip that mate! I can see why you got the bug!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing too much really. But this popped up on my YouTube yesterday. A couple of the big names that do the camping vids pitched up at the exact same spot I used on Kinder a few weeks ago when I knackered my ankle up! No massive coincidence I suppose but I enjoyed seeing the spot again after that eventful night!! Lol..

20230728_210842-01.jpeg.633040e15a47de8d115a996b27d4908a.jpeg

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Nothing too much really. But this popped up on my YouTube yesterday. A couple of the big names that do the camping vids pitched up at the exact same spot I used on Kinder a few weeks ago when I knackered my ankle up! No massive coincidence I suppose but I enjoyed seeing the spot again after that eventful night!! Lol..

20230728_210842-01.jpeg.633040e15a47de8d115a996b27d4908a.jpeg

Funny enough bush, I bought a second hand shelter with a rather rare inner and was sat watching YouTube one night and my shelter was in the video up on kinder lol. Never twigged I'd bought it off a YouTuber until I spotted the inner. It's a small world lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Funny enough bush, I bought a second hand shelter with a rather rare inner and was sat watching YouTube one night and my shelter was in the video up on kinder lol. Never twigged I'd bought it off a YouTuber until I spotted the inner. It's a small world lol.

Bloody hell!! Is sure is  a small world as they say!!

On that front.. my sister in Italy who's  met a woman over there running a small restaurant. This lady's daughter and  husband moved from Essex up north to the small ex mining town i live in!! Apparently they find in funny when they get called flower!! Lol... bloody crazy eh mate!!

Edited by Bush Rummager
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

On that front.. my sister in Italy who's  met a woman over there running a small restaurant. This lady's daughter and  husband moved from Essex up north to the small ex mining town i live in!! Apparently they find in funny when they get called flower!! Lol... bloody crazy eh mate!!

Steady on petal

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

6 degrees of separation,it’s a big old planet but it is indeed a small world.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mackem said:

6 degrees of separation,it’s a big old planet but it is indeed a small world.

Absolutely mate!

Mac.. put a link up when you've got a minute please for that big hike you're doing in Italy next year. I'll have a proper nosey at it... cheers.

• Like 1