Saluki's and their crosses.

1 hour ago, fireman said:

And there we have why mchull is so smitten,daddy used to breed them ..

?me old man died when i was a baby mate dogs pts i got into them twagging going out the back with a lad bring his dog mooching all day?you watched all different types killing everything bar hares once you saw a good saluki youd be smitten aswell lol

me old lady hated it just be police fines for me lol and me first dog only bit a salkuki in it because saluki bred to much dog for a young lad was the men i used to bump into out that told me first about me dad and his dog mate by then i already had the bug badly ??

• Like 9

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, sandymere said:

The Spanish coursers I've asked have felt that the Iberian hare runs better than the European in the north of Spain where they have both types.

?i wonder what they say running one of ours winter mate 

is there no one uk with them stopping good numbers daytime sandy ?

Brown Hare -  was imported here specifically for coursing purposes. 
Significantly the sport of coursing has always been conspicuously differentiated from hunting with dogs by the very clearly stated declaration that the true and only purpose of coursing is to chase and not to catch hares. As long ago as AD 116 Flavius Arianus wrote “ The true sportsman does not take out his dogs to destroy the hares, but for the sake of the course... and is glad if the hare escapes”,  the Greeks n Romans love of a spectacle see the hare in a different twist from the usual hunt to kill  or they fondness of animals used in battle or amphitheater’s  Whilst running around Europe and elsewhere in battle killing most cnts that stood in ther way they made time fir a bit of coursing Arrian defined the rule of law educated other hunters  in other parts of Europe n elsewhere  to change there hunting methods  and chuck out the netting and pack hunting of hares and see the chase to see the best of the animal as a sport to view  

Edited by green lurchers

The purpose of a lurcher is to catch game , they dont know the " true and only purpose to coursing " and coursing men judge a lurcher by its ability to kill a hare..in fact all hunting lurchers are judged on what they catch/kill , if they are for hunting and dont catch/kill they often find a new home. 

4 minutes ago, runem said:

The purpose of a lurcher is to catch game , they dont know the " true and only purpose to coursing " and coursing men judge a lurcher by its ability to kill a hare..in fact all hunting lurchers are judged on what they catch/kill , if they are for hunting and dont catch/kill they often find a new home. 

doing it to feed them etc ?

14 minutes ago, runem said:

The object of a hunter is to kill be it on a lamp scent hunting or any other method fir any purpose fir whatever reason object of coursing back then was a spectacle and it wasn’t judged  by coursing men on killing hare ther was a time before the 70,s 

Edited by green lurchers
46 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I've seen vid pures from here over Spain stopping them mate easier than they would here ? 

Smaller type here go well mate but I've had big gingers up on tops pull and pull hit a good one its no different ? ?

Food what there eating will have a massive influence them Spanish hares not getting fed like ours land isn't as rich for things to grow ?

i would like to see them vids...

not sure why you would think Spain isn't as rich as our land....although i suspect most lads look at Spain when they go on there hols to south and med coast....where it can be very arid 

i have been fortunate to travel the hole way round Spain...more than once and the land up in the middle and around Madrid is very fertile....very big open land....not dissimilar to our own fens ....every time I've drove through those areas i have often thought i would love to run a good hare dog here in the winter... 

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

the spectacle was for the rich mate any one else was a hunter?

Wether that’s that’s the case or not it don’t matter it’s historic  in the definition of coursing going back to something AD  it’s no different to Salukis are a killing machine in history , the Greeks n Romans wernt shy of killing anyone or anything but liked to course under rules and see it get away maybe they missed something lol 

Edited by green lurchers
6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i would like to see them vids...

not sure why you would think Spain isn't as rich as our land....although i suspect most lads look at Spain when they go on there hols to south and med coast....where it can be very arid 

i have been fortunate to travel the hole way round Spain...more than once and the land up in the middle and around Madrid is very fertile....very big open land....not dissimilar to our own fens ....every time I've drove through those areas i have often thought i would love to run a good hare dog here in the winter... 

Spains one of the biggest producers of cereal crops, fruit and veg, not to mention wine ?, in Europe.

Cheers.

• Like 3
Just now, chartpolski said:

Spains one of the biggest producers of cereal crops, fruit and veg, not to mention wine ?, in Europe.

Cheers.

exactly ....last time i was up north west of Madrid...driving through the country was mile after mile of wheat/barley  stubble..

mc would love it i recon..

• Like 1