Saluki's and their crosses.

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I get that, but those dogs are obviously naturally acclimatised to those temperatures.

Not looking to argue with anyone, but those dogs were far from impressive.  

Hard to judge, let's not forget that a gazelle is also a running machine. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

Just now, mC HULL said:

??So droppers on vid but a saluki can run down a wild one and have lol?

Who's actually seen a saluki run a wild antelope? 

It's clear that those vids on YouTube are set up. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Gazelle run fast 60 mph o so 

Yep, I'd love to see the stamina of the saluki tested against a pronghorn. 

Don't believe everything you read but it's claimed they can run 35mph for 4 miles and hit over 50mph.

22 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Their horses and dogs are very impressive, I just prefer a more natural sporting manner to my pastime

I agree with that, apart from the dogs being impressive lol.  Says something really, when they are breeding some of their c o o salukis to british born coursing breds and greyhounds, or is that just a rumour I read?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Yep, I'd love to see the stamina of the saluki tested against a pronghorn. 

Don't believe everything you read but it's claimed they can run 35mph for 4 miles and hit over 50mph.

They the fastest antelope/deer/gazelle in the world, even though they're more closely related to girraffe.  Lol, I'm getting the hang of this google nonsense lol.  ?

8 minutes ago, baker boy said:

I heard some of the British bred coursing dogs had been sold to the M.E years ago.

And again, like I said earlier, that goes back to what I said before, about british bred, successful coursing dogs being better than the c o o dogs.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Fcuking wowzer this has got to be the shittest thread since the dawn of the tinterweb

but I’ll play along, so could a saluki catch an kill a honey badger with w migraine ?? 

Easily, ask magoo.  His dogs are absolute superstars.

Wowser?  Kin el katch, that's almost as camp as mushroom's 'ouchy'!!  ??

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Back then like this mate 70s say lads got pure the only thing to breed it with was a lurcher mate then bk to pure or with someone saluki lurcher they got from same spot ? 

our old saluki blood from micks flash is traceable back to 1890 in iraq same blood comes forwards to modern coursing dogs via your dads dogs as well, flash went to mostly lurchers as you say, used over what lads already had, but also threw some handy first crosses and pures as well, atb tc

Just now, W. Katchum said:

What can I say, I’m comfortable with My sexuality, or lack of it ??

Same here mate, I certainly don't need a dog that can run for 5 miles at 40 mph after a 'dropped' gazelle, that it DOESN'T catch, or a dog with a 'head like a buffalo, for 'teeth', whatever the f**k they are?!  ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, mC HULL said:

I never seen them mate but looked descent on vid I seen and I got tepe gawra bk in mine mate and he had knightellington blood  aswell didn't he mate quality aswell 

You see them charts

Edited by sandymere
9 hours ago, shaaark said:

Ok, well this sort of goes back to what I said on here a few years ago.  I said that the british bred salukis, the successful coursing dogs, would surely be better coursing dogs than c o o salukis, as the european brown hare is bigger, stronger and more athletic, so therefor correspondingly harder to catch,  than the hares that are native to the countries that the saluki is from.

we british do like to think our hare is the hardest to catch....this opinion is ussualy based on nothing more than pride.....

cos lets be honest there will be very few of us that have took a dog to other countries to find out

• Like 3