Saluki's and their crosses.

23 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Lol wheres that from the boys book of doggies lol, there's a lot of tosh written about sighthounds but thankfully genetics are sorting the wheat from the chaff. The sighthounds in general are all whats known as ancient breeds meaning they have no other ancestor within their genetic makeup, other than the greyhound which although old is developed from a collie type likely at the time the hare was introduced to Britain by the Romans. The Romans likely brought ancient sighthounds with them, quite possibly  galgos as their were Spanish legions in northern Europe and they extolled their value in their writings but not enough to leave a genetic trace. The locals thought we'll have some of that and set about creating their own sighthound and develop the fastest dog ever bred, the English greyhound.

galgos been in spain 2000 years since julius ceaser lol

more likey romans brought dogs with them from middle east mate then spain 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, sandymere said:

There's a few now and some just starting but not enough to get a decent genetic base. I've gotten a stud agreed for future use that has a bit of size which I like, both my youngsters are only 24" but might still bring on over in the future.

but can any here already stop uk hares daytime mate winter say if theres 10 in this country surely one must be a good hare dog if its there bred and butter  mate 

13 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Still plenty of game in some parts of North Africa/Mediterranean basin I was offered a job in a hospital out there and one of the sweeteners was going out with the managers brother and his sloughi/lurchers and having my own dogs. I like the dog bit but didn't fancy leaving my family for weeks at a time. His brother is a decent sort though and I keep in contact with them just to see what they're up to .

Deffo not Algeria 

32 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Still plenty of game in some parts of North Africa/Mediterranean basin I was offered a job in a hospital out there and one of the sweeteners was going out with the managers brother and his sloughi/lurchers and having my own dogs. I like the dog bit but didn't fancy leaving my family for weeks at a time. His brother is a decent sort though and I keep in contact with them just to see what they're up to .

Sandy I went Mid East on a promise of Sal coursing the contact was a prince through asset management his job was to supply the dogs n game I won’t bore ya yep see the dogs no game then got the low Down same as the fishing they full of shit.  Nice dogs nice boats load of cnts if you were travelling from ther to here I could supply they the Romancers maybe back a few yrs I drove a million miles never see hare same as the fishing they clueless cnts full of reasons as to where to find ? I only got cross the road I see more hares than the middle entire population they country of droppers. It’s a bit canned hunting not my style 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Salukis come in all sizes, shapes , coats and colours, and fair enough, some do look like sloughis.

A few pics I took in the Arabian Saluki Centre in Abu Dhabi,

IMG_0513.JPG.61e0de498a4fea5dd838b9851466fa83.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG.faf3f476c6dac44fd00f4234b5e260a0.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG.5e6c77a3cb0c6c7b96ed543c1ab1533c.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG.8ba444da2af5f31f00caab4a45164ecc.JPG

And one I had in Saudi;

IMG_0517.JPG.1a0708ab11c4f4539176a6bf0f22ac67.JPG

Cheers.

the smooths double our coursing breds even feathereds are 

you hunt much when there charts 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

the smooths double our coursing breds even feathereds are 

you hunt much when there charts 

I was retired and back in the UK then, a friend of my daughter invited me out to see his Saluki kennels and falcon mews, so no hunting then.

When I lived in Saudi I was out every weekend , but as said, very little game around.

Cheers.

• Like 1
Just now, chartpolski said:

I was retired and back in the UK then, a friend of my daughter invited me out to see his Saluki kennels and falcon mews, so no hunting then.

When I lived in Saudi I was out every weekend , but as said, very little game around.

Cheers.

I popped in ther chart nice dogs but little work 

18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?you and chart ?excellent

Well, I don't know about you, but I find it helpful at times, when fellas on here put up some posts that make sense to me, that are also interesting and historically pretty accurate.  ?.

Oh yeah, it also helps that charts puts what he writes in an easy to understand manner, and with a little humour lol.  ?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

From a country that regards dogs as filth lol make ther mind up won’t they 

saluki isnt mate it was around before the religion of islam mate so they are allowed 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Well, I don't know about you, but I find it helpful at times, when fellas on here put up some posts that make sense to me, that are also interesting and historically pretty accurate.  ?.

Oh yeah, it also helps that charts puts what he writes in an easy to understand manner, and with a little humour lol.  ?

great mate charts educates you while having you laughing mate ?