Saluki's and their crosses.

6 minutes ago, riohog said:

The thing is, how long has that gazelle been ran for before they slipped the dogs on it? 

Also is that a wild gazelle as well? 

The pronghorn is meant to be the ultimate middle distance runner. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

Just now, Greb147 said:

The thing is, how long has that gazelle been ran for before they slipped the dogs on it? 

They hunted gazelle mate for ever called a gazelle hound 

Faster than any mammal over long distance mate 

But our coursing bred more a mid distance runner not same stamina as a pure 

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

But our coursing bred hasn't the wind of a pure mate and an import inrecon be another level

Well, those couple of clips rio just put up don't exactly paint those dogs in glory.  A dozen dogs, and a jeep, and they still didn't catch it.  Yep, another level, crap level.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Almost every gazelle you see in these videos is a "dropper".

We used to fly crateloads of them from Africa to the Middle East for the royals and the rich to course. The don't want the dogs to kill them, just catch them, and they are run numerous times.

Most Middle East countries have strict laws about hunting and indigenous animals are protected.

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

They hunted gazelle mate for ever called a gazelle hound 

Faster than any mammal over long distance mate 

But our coursing bred more a mid distance runner not same stamina as a pure 

Makes sense as no saluki can out speed a gazelle, to catch those I'm assuming that you need the types with bags of stamina. 

Just now, shaaark said:

Well, those couple of clips rio just put up don't exactly paint those dogs in glory.  A dozen dogs, and a jeep, and they still didn't catch it.  Yep, another level, crap level.

i hear what you say  they aint worried about the kill they just want the run to see the fastest dog remember probebly 40 degrees 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

We used to fly crateloads of them from Africa to the Middle East for the royals and the rich to course. The don't want the dogs to kill them, just catch them, and they are run numerous times.

Most Middle East countries have strict laws about hunting and indigenous animals are protected.

Cheers.

As I thought, although they will be fine athletes I should imagine they aren't on par with wild antelope. 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Makes sense as no saluki can out speed a gazelle, to catch those I'm assuming that you need the types with bags of stamina. 

Lol they caught gazelle for food for years mate 

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Do you think 200 year ago they did that or caught for food charts 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Do you think 200 year ago they did that or caught for food charts 

What a silly question !

Of course they hunted for food with their dogs, some Beduin still do, but they don't video it and post it on YouTube ! ? !

I know Arabs that fly their Salukis and falcons to Africa and Pakistan to hunt, but those videos are droppers.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, riohog said:

i hear what you say  they aint worried about the kill they just want the run to see the fastest dog remember probebly 40 degrees 

I get that, but those dogs are obviously naturally acclimatised to those temperatures.

Not looking to argue with anyone, but those dogs were far from impressive.  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

What a silly question !

Of course they hunted for food with their dogs, some Beduin still do, but they don't video it and post it on YouTube ! ? !

I know Arabs that fly their Salukis and falcons to Africa and Pakistan to hunt, but those videos are droppers.

Cheers.

??So droppers on vid but a saluki can run down a wild one and have lol?