Saluki's and their crosses.

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I never seen them mate but looked descent on vid I seen and I got tepe gawra bk in mine mate and he had knightellington blood  aswell didn't he mate quality aswell 

You see them charts

No, I knew Paul but never walked out with him. My pal hunted with him a lot, with the dogs and falcons and rated them highly at that.

Paul phoned me out of the blue and offered to place a pup with me, but he applied so many conditions I respectfully declined.

He was due to stay at my house when we were going to run one of his dogs in a 16 dog stake in Northumberland, but he sadly died shortly before.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I never seen them mate but looked descent on vid I seen and I got tepe gawra bk in mine mate and he had knightellington blood  aswell didn't he mate quality aswell 

You see them charts

anything with tepe gawra  will be well watered down these days i would have thought ,although durak did leave his mark on the coursing world ,,,

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

ive got what i think is quality now mate but i know for a fact there was better pures in the 70s than i own now from men seen both ?

Sal blood was in UK well before 60 s ,I honestly think when the first romani people came to UK they brought there own juckels and over the yrs it was bred into what was available on the migration from India ,these tribes had juckels that look the same as Salukis and I don't think these kaney people would have left there dogs behind ,the Spanish running dog definitely comes from the roma people who settled there and don't see why they would leave there dogs behind when coming to UK .

Just a thought. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Question then, why aren't saluki's the preferred dog of choice in the coursing scene of the UK? 

Because the coursing men couldn't breed a native dog that would fill their need to kill hares,so they use a distance runner from other shores to kill a native sprinting animal. .

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Sal blood was in UK well before 60 s ,I honestly think when the first romani people came to UK they brought there own juckels and over the yrs it was bred into what was available on the migration from India ,these tribes had juckels that look the same as Salukis and I don't think these kaney people would have left there dogs behind ,the Spanish running dog definitely comes from the roma people who settled there and don't see why they would leave there dogs behind when coming to UK .

Just a thought. 

I can trace the saluki in me dogs mate most it remember a few hundred year ago you couldn't have running dogs mate ?

10 minutes ago, fireman said:

Because the coursing men couldn't breed a native dog that would fill their need to kill hares,so they use a distance runner from other shores to kill a native sprinting animal. .

I meant why aren't pures dominating the scene if they're better than our line bred dogs. 

I get that these line bred dogs are now heavy saluki based but you don't add ingredients if they're not needed. 

Just now, mC HULL said:

I can trace the saluki in me dogs mate most it remember a few hundred year ago you couldn't have running dogs mate ?

Didn't stop them having dogs though ,just because a law says your not todo something don't mean your going to keep to it ,what I'm trying to say is they would have brought there own types with them and if you look at the types these tribes had and still have today they look awfully like Salukis to me .

Just now, mC HULL said:

Hare isn't native mate

I didn't say it was  ,but I think its the rabbit that not native not sure on hare .

1 minute ago, Moocher71 said:

Didn't stop them having dogs though ,just because a law says your not todo something don't mean your going to keep to it ,what I'm trying to say is they would have brought there own types with them and if you look at the types these tribes had and still have today they look awfully like Salukis to me .

I didn't say it was  ,but I think its the rabbit that not native not sure on hare .

I agree mate about the romani but I think hard in UK for them to have running dogs mate bk then ? 

The hare bit was for fireman mate ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Only the mountain hare is native 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I meant why aren't pures dominating the scene if they're better than our line bred dogs. 

I get that these line bred dogs are now heavy saluki based but you don't add ingredients if they're not needed. 

Back then like this mate 70s say lads got pure the only thing to breed it with was a lurcher mate then bk to pure or with someone saluki lurcher they got from same spot ? 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, riohog said:

anything with tepe gawra  will be well watered down these days i would have thought ,although durak did leave his mark on the coursing world ,,,

This pure was tepe gawra in my bitch 5 gen pedigree mate image.png.a569ed3fc4d60d229862b3b6cb285cd7.png

• Like 2