• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Just because its selective breeding doesn't mean your going to produce something decent. It's luck of the draw that you've got the breeding right that both of the hounds genetics are right for each other. You can't tell by just thinking because there both decent dogs they will just gel it doesn't work like that. That's why alot are line bred to try hopefully keep that fire in the pups. But then again that doesn't always work. But there's no talking to you lad. 

OK, it's just pure luck that certain breeds or types have been perfected for the tasks they carry out. 

And that's what I said, it's down to the breeder to know what clicks with his bitch. 

By breeding what in theory is the right dogs you're giving yourself the best odds. 

You seem to have it all sussed Bangers, if it's just luck give it a try, I mean anyone can do it. 

8 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Just because its selective breeding doesn't mean your going to produce something decent. It's luck of the draw that you've got the breeding right that both of the hounds genetics are right for each other. You can't tell by just thinking because there both decent dogs they will just gel it doesn't work like that. That's why alot are line bred to try hopefully keep that fire in the pups. But then again that doesn't always work. But there's no talking to you lad. 

Its a eye for stock with some luck

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

luck some litter 3 and 4 will kill hares regular bangers ? 

greb be right he’s only up the road im always out normally he be welcome to pop anytime mate 

Most saluki types can kill hares mc you know that box standard urchers can kill hares. But to get one that's going out an knocking 4s an 5s over on the big land takes some doing. An you have to have luck on your side too that you've got a decent one out of the liter that's fearless not afraid to use its mouth up an at them at all costs.. No holding back till its too late letting the hare build confidence which you'll of seen when there just plodding about. You know when the hares under pressure when them ears go flat back an it starts motoring trying to straight line the dog. When the dogs got the hare under pressure is when it's bending it then its all down to grit an determination from the dog. But you've got to be lucky to get one of these dogs from a liter.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mush said:

Its a eye for stock with some luck

If your the breeder defo mate your right there you can hold back an choose. But to lads that are just buying a sqeeker at 8 weeks  never had a saluki type before it's luck that he's got a decent one out of the liter. The breeder can hold back on pups an has a better chance of it not being luck can't he. 

5 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Most saluki types can kill hares mc you know that box standard urchers can kill hares. But to get one that's going out an knocking 4s an 5s over on the big land takes some doing. An you have to have luck on your side too that you've got a decent one out of the liter that's fearless not afraid to use its mouth up an at them at all costs.. No holding back till its too late letting the hare build confidence which you'll of seen when there just plodding about. You know when the hares under pressure when them ears go flat back an it starts motoring trying to straight line the dog. When the dogs got the hare under pressure is when it's bending it then its all down to grit an determination from the dog. But you've got to be lucky to get one of these dogs from a liter.

The aim of the breeding game is to at the very least preserve what you've got. 

If you can't do that then should you really be breeding? 

Freaks can show up every now and again but it's all about the percentages isn't it. 

3 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

If your the breeder defo mate your right there you can hold back an choose. But to lads that are just buying a sqeeker at 8 weeks  never had a saluki type before it's luck that he's got a decent one out of the liter. The breeder can hold back on pups an has a better chance of it not being luck can't he. 

Of course, you could be unfortunate and drop on a dud but if you get a pup off a well bred litter you've got a better chance of getting a real un than you would off a pair of also-rans.

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Of course, you could be unfortunate and drop on a dud but if you get a pup off a well bred litter you've got a better chance of getting a real un than you would off a pair of also-rans.

Am a talking to you f**k off not even your comment. Your on the wrong page I've told you jog on ffs proper turnip lol

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The aim of the breeding game is to at the very least preserve what you've got. 

If you can't do that then should you really be breeding? 

Freaks can show up every now and again but it's all about the percentages isn't it. 

Yeah an you've turned up you've shown that lol 

2 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Am a talking to you f**k off not even your comment. Your on the wrong page I've told you jog on ffs proper turnip lol

Get yourself off for another half, you're clearly getting agitated cos someone with a buried collie x is making more sense than a saluki owener who decides to get his dog fit at the back end of the season just in time for the milky does. ?

Just now, Bangersanmash said:

I know about selective breeding too mate I bred game birds an sib goldfinches too. Just sold two of my eumo sib goldies for a bag of sand so am doing something right eh lol

Screenshot_20220118-075942_WhatsApp.jpg

You are one LUCKY fcuker lol.