Saluki's and their crosses.

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

If it gets boring they can choose not to comment, what else should we be talking about, the weather? 

I'm sorry but money doesn't mean much, if folk had the time and space they could do it themselves, they don't have to reinvent the wheel. 

If you have standards and no a thing or two about dogs you will breed tidy animals.

The likes of Sankey and Nuttall clearly knew their dogs and got the best out of them. 

They got lucky mate that's all it is luck ? You might get 1 out of 3 matings that's a proper one. An that one made them there name Dancer, an Foxy, then you've got Fred's dog Dan, then Marcus lucky , an so on an so on. But they'll all tell you nothing comes close to them. Yeah they've bred decent dogs an others have had decent liters but nothing close to them. An it's down to luck an who's holding the lead. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

and had the best a blood at the start ?

That's it mate, you can't polish a turd can you. 

It's interesting to talk about the history of the greats even though they are long gone. 

Good dog men though bring out the best in these animals, Sankey is like an old mate of mine who is now winning trials with his Labs, always had lurchers in his younger years but now has put his time in to the gundogs. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

They got lucky mate that's all it is luck ? You might get 1 out of 3 matings that's a proper one. An that one made them there name Dancer, an Foxy, then you've got Fred's dog Dan, then Marcus lucky , an so on an so on. But they'll all tell you nothing comes close to them. Yeah they've bred decent dogs an others have had decent liters but nothing close to them. An it's down to luck an who's holding the lead. 

you look at the ped of your dog it should have dogs that can kill hares going bk decades bangers 

3 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

I'm not sure you can say Sankey and Nuttall got lucky cos they bred their greats didn't they? Yeah MP dropped on with Lucky as he bought him in but he still had to do the business with him and put the work in. 

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Well that just shows even the best of dogmen can chat rubbish when the green eyed monster takes hold.

To win 26 matches on the bounce you are bound to run against lads with capable dogs at some point.

If these men want to be anonymous though it's no good talking about it if they don't want the publicity. 

I personally will be happy to get myself a well bred pup and start getting back out there. ?

Dont take this the wrong way but you need to focus on that young collie thing you've got lad don't be thinking off getting a coursing dog. There's not many on here with coursing dogs no more which a don't blame them. But when it's in your blood an past down by family members you'll keep it up for family pride what your forth fathers did. You just stick to lamping an ferreting. 

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I'm not sure you can say Sankey and Nuttall got lucky cos they bred their greats didn't they? Yeah MP dropped on with Lucky as he bought him in but he still had to do the business with him and put the work in. 

They've all put in the hard work but they've dropped on lucky out of the litter to pick a decent one cause its luck. We'll how come all the litter didn't make the grade. Some dogs have just got it Greb an some haven't.. You should be on a different page asking about how to bring your collie x on. An trying to get a few days out. But your on here talking about old dogs. It says lets see your saluki x dogs. So let's see yours mate 

4 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

They've all put in the hard work but they've dropped on lucky out of the litter to pick a decent one cause its luck. We'll how come all the litter didn't make the grade. Some dogs have just got it Greb an some haven't.. You should be on a different page asking about how to bring your collie x on. An trying to get a few days out. But your on here talking about old dogs. It says lets see your saluki x dogs. So let's see yours mate 

Well no shit sherlock, that goes for every litter bred in history ffs. 

At some point the breeder picks which dog or bitch he is keeping and the rest is history lol. 

You think it's just luck that the top dog lads always end up with the best dogs, think you are doing them a disservice myself lol. 

My collie X is 6ft under lol, I'll be getting a coursing bred when I drop on the right litter and it will actually get worked mate. ?

Edited by Greb147
4 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

luck some litter 3 and 4 will kill hares regular bangers ? 

greb be right he’s only up the road im always out normally he be welcome to pop anytime mate 

• Like 2

luck some litter 3 and 4 will kill hares regular bangers ? 

greb be right he’s only up the road im always out normally he be welcome to pop anytime mate 

How can selective breeding be just luck ffs. ?

Some folk actually understand what clicks and what doesn't, if it wasn't for these sort of men we wouldn't have breeds or types would we. 

I'll get out plenty around here mate but I'll pop over for a walk when I can mC.

I'll show you how to walk in the slop. ?

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Good point, my pigeon hit the first window it came to in the Yorkshire Stakes. 

when i was younger 7 or so  me uncle put me a little loft up few birds i was doing ok until i got a new air rifle ? tried blending it saying a cat got in he wasn’t impressed ? 

• Haha 1

when i was younger 7 or so  me uncle put me a little loft up few birds i was doing ok until i got a new air rifle ? tried blending it saying a cat got in he wasn’t impressed ? 

Murderer. ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

How can selective breeding be just luck ffs. ?

Some folk actually understand what clicks and what doesn't, if it wasn't for these sort of men we wouldn't have breeds or types would we. 

I'll get out plenty around here mate but I'll pop over for a walk when I can mC.

I'll show you how to walk in the slop. ?

Just because its selective breeding doesn't mean your going to produce something decent. It's luck of the draw that you've got the breeding right that both of the hounds genetics are right for each other. You can't tell by just thinking because there both decent dogs they will just gel it doesn't work like that. That's why alot are line bred to try hopefully keep that fire in the pups. But then again that doesn't always work. But there's no talking to you lad. 

• Like 2