Saluki's and their crosses.

Just now, green lurchers said:

Never in a month of sloppy Sunday’s 

Now I know you'll understand this G L, but how/why in god's name do people think they've got a good hare killing dog, if it takes that dog 4 minutes to kill said hare, or even worse, if that dog is only at it's best when run on THE SLOP so that it's able to kill same said hare?!

1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

I’l say one thing if mc took his dogs to Spain Portugal under rules to run on that hard ground  if the owner isn’t happy with the ground they can pull ther dog if they not happy with the shales n flint it’s  a way out with decorum 

?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Now I know you'll understand this G L, but how/why in god's name do people think they've got a good hare killing dog, if it takes that dog 4 minutes to kill said hare, or even worse, if that dog is only at it's best when run on THE SLOP so that it's able to kill same said hare?!

?

Favouring slop means can’t live with firm ground which I understand many a great racehorse trainer who’s horse wins on sloppy track come unstuck on a dry even track no exaggerator 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

Favouring slop means can’t live with firm ground which I understand many a great racehorse trainer who’s horse wins on sloppy track come unstuck on a dry even track no exaggerator 

Good 2 soft old chap

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

My collie cross used to yap on occasions, often when the hare was near cover, I think he knew when they were going to escape. 

I've read some lines though do through yappers, would hate that tbh. 

I could live  a dog that opened up out of frustration a lot better than something that ran of his own accord and agenda now that would do me .now I have never owned one of theses types mchull or others own i had no need but I respect what they keep and they put them out week after week on ground that's beyond what I have to make regular kills so fair play to them 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, shaaark said:

?

I think the main thing is catching said hare, as anyone knows not all are picked up in short order, as long as they catch does it matter how long it takes? 

16 minutes ago, shaaark said:

?

Don’t know if you’re on a wind up, I’m not really a coursing person...... but having watched hares both get caught by unexpected dogs and also make dogs look daft. On some ground, some hares and some slips, that hare doesn’t look likely to be killed unless it’s worn down over a big area, lots of running and working by the dog. Just horses for courses I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I could live  a dog that opened up out of frustration a lot better than something that ran of his own accord and agenda now that would do me .now I have never owned one of theses types mchull or others own i had no need but I respect what they keep and they put them out week after week on ground that's beyond what I have to make regular kills so fair play to them 

I'm looking forward to getting one when the right litter pops up, if I can't find anything this year I'll get a pure bitch and take it from there, if I have to breed my own then so be it. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Slop lover meets a dry track at Belmont 3rd leg of triple crown goes in as 11/10 fave comes 11th might not be relevant but it’s only multi million prize money multi million breeding that’s all 

A good dog should catch on any ground even if they prefer certain conditions but I bet a lot of matches have been cancelled or postponed because of running conditions. ?

12 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Don’t know if you’re on a wind up, I’m not really a coursing person...... but having watched hares both get caught by unexpected dogs and also make dogs look daft. On some ground, some hares and some slips, that hare doesn’t look likely to be killed unless it’s worn down over a big area, lots of running and working by the dog. Just horses for courses I guess. 

Lol just throwing a little 'conjecture' into the procedings lol ?

21 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I think the main thing is catching said hare, as anyone knows not all are picked up in short order, as long as they catch does it matter how long it takes? 

In some areas, it certainly does/did matter how long it took!

3 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Did u get my point tho ? Thers mudlarks and speedsters 

Yeah, some horses don't run well on soft going and vice versa, I imagine it's the same with dogs as well. 

Still, for me, a good dog should catch on all going, as long as it beats the hare on that run that's all you can ask for.