Saluki's and their crosses.

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

In some areas, it certainly does/did matter how long it took!

But that's the same for speed merchants as well, hares do escape those types of dogs in certain areas and places if they are close enough to cover. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Yeah, some horses don't run well on soft going and vice versa, I imagine it's the same with dogs as well. 

Still, for me, a good dog should catch on all going, as long as it beats the hare on that run that's all you can ask for. 

They a rare animal   Reg breeding some multi squillion horses don’t produce best to best if folk Gona crab galgos on tough hard ground get ther arse out an beat em don’t big up the home black soft  runners go take a challenge  the grounds harsh  at times it’s super harsh at most bit like sparse type 1 

Edited by green lurchers
5 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

They a rare animal   Reg breeding some multi squillion horses don’t produce best to best if folk Gona crab galgos on tough hard ground get ther arse out an beat em don’t big up the home black soft  runners go take a challenge  the grounds harsh  at times it’s super harsh at most bit like sparse type 1 

Sounds like it would be a big pain in the arse to do? 

Talking about logistics, rules, etc. 

I imagine them spic dogs would add a bit of vigour to our coursing breds. 

16 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But that's the same for speed merchants as well, hares do escape those types of dogs in certain areas and places if they are close enough to cover. 

Whers the cover on fens you put a purpose bred on open ground you got a dead hare after four mins 

Edited by green lurchers
3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I've got perm on a farm maybe 12 fields of grass..nearly every hedge row has got a repair patch of 2x4 planks some fields has a few gaps with plank fencing on each hedge row..the hares seem to know every single 1 and use them aswell. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, green lurchers said:

Yep ? 

A dog right behind 1 it won't take the hedgerow escape route..it usually turns back..if there is a small distance between them it will take the gap everytime. So a fast dog is better there than a plodder...very clever animal..

4 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Whers the cover on fens you put a purpose bred on open ground you got a dead hare after four mins 

Forget fens and hares .theses types have proved thereselfs on some serious rough ground on rocks and in bogs were most faulter  running some big gear that go and go for some miles over some dangerous ground to man and dog .

8 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Forget fens and hares .theses types have proved thereselfs on some serious rough ground on rocks and in bogs were most faulter  running some big gear that go and go for some miles over some dangerous ground to man and dog .

I’ve seen a few mate never doubted ther ability 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

That Tilly was a very good bitch, perhaps Marcus was right in what he was saying because she was a lamping bitch x a pure saluki aswell 

Have you seen that Scruffy, she looked a top class dog as well. 

I've seen that video of a yearling down off Scouser x Tilly, folk were saying she was the best bitch in the country when she was running.