• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? Personally,..I believe that the initial hybridisation twixt two different types , whilst being more than satisfactory for most enthusiasts, invariably tempt many of us to go to the next stage, and t

Here's a wee first X wheaten...out X by the greyhound side... But the out X was actually a granddaughter of original site... 13 months old broken to stock... First time out ferreting...bolted 8 she ca

What I did was I told you a story that’s true and there are other witnesses on here. The bitch in question caught all of those things, she was never ever a hare dog, she just had a big enough heart to

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I've only caught feral goats with bull breeds who grabbed the throat, did your dog ear the goats as my mate's staghound does? Just interested.

He always took them up front end,face/under front leg,/nose/neck,..never from the back end..

• Like 1

Beddy/grey,  Alsatian/grey or whippet/greyhound maybe but not sure about 1st crosses in truth, outside of pure's,  all the decent dogs I've owned have been 2nd crosses. Something like a grew over a Galgo to get a nippy lamper with a bit of extra stamina or on reflection just a GalgoxGalgo??

20210613_175558.jpg.3062342b591e776aae6c0d0ff437f96f.jpg

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Beddy/grey,  Alsatian/grey or whippet/greyhound maybe but not sure about 1st crosses in truth, outside of pure's,  all the decent dogs I've owned have been 2nd crosses. Something like a grew over a Galgo to get a nippy lamper with a bit of extra stamina or on reflection just a GalgoxGalgo??

20210613_175558.jpg.3062342b591e776aae6c0d0ff437f96f.jpg

i recon one over a whippet be quality lamper moocher mate

• Like 1
Just now, SheepChaser said:

Here’s an interesting question - given the amount of debate that’s been on here - who actually runs a first x ? I don’t know many folk that do. Not talking half xs second, third gen etc, but an F1 hybrid ? 

got 2  as you know mate, you seen old bryn , and you liked him , he been great rabbit dog day/night he 14 in sep, Buck  my other 1x gsd x grey he 9 in sep , he done the other things bryn wouldnt  simple as that really . both 1xs ive had  done what i wanted deff, by choice  i go for big Buck 1st, as he more of a alrouner , and not just rabbit dog . but as i am getting older now a lurcher x lurcher would be my next dog if get another, somthing  gsd in or bel mal to lurcher  would do me  ,  not much collie  in it, and dont mind drop pit either . 

22 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Here’s an interesting question - given the amount of debate that’s been on here - who actually runs a first x ? I don’t know many folk that do. Not talking half xs second, third gen etc, but an F1 hybrid ? 

only a f1 beddywhippet mate, but I don't class that as runner. 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I doubt there be many.

Personally I'd have no use for a firstx of any sort, there plenty lurchers with bits of all sorts in them bred for most tasks and they take some beating.

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

bedy grey f1

20210401_191204.jpg

Edited by Moocher71
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Hear this a lot, as tho it’s the dogs fault, rather then the owners fault for getting a firstx an expecting a speed machine, it would be like me saying I owned me first an only pure grey years back, it couldn’t handle 50/60/70 runs a night, it was shite ?

That's why I said if I was getting first cross it be sal grey or whip grey then it's all running dog any other non running dog slows em up but I go shot down buried alive ?????