Deer deer and more deer

I like both bull bred lurchers and saluki types. Imo a splash of real bull goes along way, not just to add grit and power but also the ability to take a knock and tumble without ending their careers. The ground you run too is half of the issue. 

If it's nice arable flat land you have then smaller faster types will be capable, but on rough ground, moor and hill country, you need something that is not only fast but strong, not lightly built. 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripping up over 'em. 

Kin el fella, you wanna forget the sheep, and buy a pair of calves, to fill those f***ing wellies!!  ? ?

He called u a short arse aswell 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, C.green said:

I run same ground as sheepchaser they do fade but when your running what we running with them five slips a night is plenty and not very usual. Unless going rabbit bashing

Five slips usually = a couple hours f*cking about on secret squirrel missions after the dog has put his feet up ? two or three is usually plenty! 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

Same as coursing dogs , there is Bull X s and Bull X s and everyone has different standards and some sharper knifes than some ? ??

id dont take a knife mate ?what deer you running reindeer red stags lol

4 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I like both bull bred lurchers and saluki types. Imo a splash of real bull goes along way, not just to add grit and power but also the ability to take a knock and tumble without ending their careers. The ground you run too is half of the issue. 

If it's nice arable flat land you have then smaller faster types will be capable, but on rough ground, moor and hill country, you need something that is not only fast but strong, not lightly built. 

a saluki miles hardier than bull cross when it comes to breaking down injurys mate night and day 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

id dont take a knife mate ?what deer you running reindeer red stags lol

Talking Silly again swampy ? Wasn't on about deer prob going a bit off track about bull Xs , Christ sake get with it  

Just now, Big Ron said:

Talking Silly again swampy ? Wasn't on about deer prob going a bit off track about bull Xs , Christ sake get with it  

? swampy magoo got a ring to it lol

im not keen on smellys mate i get attched to me dogs when half descent even if it was a bull x ??

43 minutes ago, poxon said:

Ive known none bull blooded dogs love folding smellys up mate if they got heart there do the job as a pass time. It’s like the fallow talk people saying you need a 26 up bull bred dog to drop them I know of 2 dogs a dog an a bitch none have bull blood or saluki an both under 25 that drop them single handed both have hart I think it’s all down to if the dog has hart or not 

100 percent poxon 

10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

a saluki miles hardier than bull cross when it comes to breaking down injurys mate night and day 

I'm referring to the likes of your 1/4 bull types, some of the bigger animals with also deer/greyhound make-up. A splash of real bull with this sort of blood and you have some seriously powerful animals that can handle the rougher terrain. Anything else just couldn't to do it regularly in my opinion without serious injury.

21 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

You ever heard the phrase a good big un will always beat a good little un. Heart is massively important you’re right, but a dog that’s got a massive heart and a couple of inches and pounds on another dog with a massive heart, will have an easier ride of it all. 

No but I keep hearing a good little un will always beat a good big un ?? I know your theoretically speaking I get that but but if a dog can do it it can do it that’s all I’ve said 

43 minutes ago, poxon said:

Not said it don’t mate ??‍♂️What I’m saying is half the people with a bull x don’t really need a bull x other xs can an will do the same job 

Thing is, when you say ‘need’ you’re talking about the hardness in them. I personally love them mainly cos they are so biddable, intelligent and personable. Easy to live with and good for all round work. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Five slips usually = a couple hours f*cking about on secret squirrel missions after the dog has put his feet up ? two or three is usually plenty! 

so what would happen mate up here take a minute to get on one after a good slip daytime and roe can boogie when open land in front of em they pull it all over until it pulled up one run finished mate what we doing the rest a the day ?? bring a collie at least that can over 2 mins and go again?? 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

so what would happen mate up here take a minute to get on one after a good slip daytime and roe can boogie when open land in front of em they pull it all over until it pulled up one run finished mate what we doing the rest a the day ?? bring a collie at least that can over 2 mins and go again?? 

he would get a submarine out on your ground ?

7 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I'm referring to the likes of your 1/4 bull types, some of the bigger animals with also deer/greyhound make-up. A splash of real bull with this sort of blood and you have some seriously powerful animals that can handle the rougher terrain. Anything else just couldn't to do it regularly in my opinion without serious injury.

?some does look rough mate if it hadnt been brought up round it could easily come a cropper ?