Deer deer and more deer

2 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Theses boys don't Bred bull x greyhounds for the fun.of it

IMG-20210531-WA0000.jpg

To wins shows ? Lol I kill more deer in a day then them doubled up lol be finished one deer of good slip rest up  the rest a the day ? ?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripping up over 'em. 

Kin el fella, you wanna forget the sheep, and buy a pair of calves, to fill those f***ing wellies!!  ? ?

He called u a short arse aswell 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

What there bred for there called a gazelle hound mate ?been hunting them thousands a years lol 

I'm talking good slips daytime what will happen in oz need a dog with more than a min in tank there not getting ambushed on lamp ? 

Your talking silly now , stop it and have a cider ?

I've run deer 35 years day and night from Caithness to deep southern England and if coursing dogs were the ultimate deer dogs they be in my kennels now, I'm not kennel blind .

They will be fine knocking over your smaller deer , but try a season on the bigger deer they will not stick it , you will get a few of course its the law of averages but not many.

• Like 3
Just now, mC HULL said:

Grass land good going ? penned in small fields lol

Different when they get into stride open up on big land bull x can't get near them mate believe me ?

I would hazard a guess that there have been, over the years, a few folk who killed deer on big arable land, with dogs with bull blood in them, regular. Could be wrong but don’t think so. 

8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Just like sal bred ?

Half sal grey great killers but good coursing bred on another level again 

Bull x hasn't even got 3 deer in tank unless ambushing them small fields open land 100yds slip roe pull them all over 

Jeez mate, there are loads of good xs out there and sal/grey/bull is one of them...

There's around 1/4 bull in mine and that is enough for what I want it for... its not all about coursing dogs mate 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

In my opinions coursing bred dog is fine for deer until you start to smack them into a lot of big stuff and then they start to be less fine. A bit of bull mixed with the Sal gives you everything you need mentally and physically for the job at hand. 

Agreed, fallow and roe are very different propositions..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Jeez mate, there are loads of good xs out there and sal/grey/bull is one of them...

There's around 1/4 bull in mine and that is enough for what I want it for... its not all about coursing dogs mate 

Exactly, these is kennel blind and kennel blind ?

• Haha 1
Just now, Big Ron said:

Your talking silly now , stop it and have a cider ?

I've run deer 35 years day and night from Caithness to deep southern England and if coursing dogs were the ultimate deer dogs they be in my kennels now, I'm not kennel blind .

They will be fine knocking over your smaller deer , but try a season on the bigger deer they will not stick it , you will get a few of course its the law of averages but not many.

Not many get away if any at all mate they cant pipe go in holes lol and defo can't out run me dog ? 

Forgot im talking to a lamper who is glad things can get away out lamp so they have an excuse lol when dog tongue out f****d after a min ? ? ?

Lucky I have coursing bred daytime and night lol

3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I would hazard a guess that there have been, over the years, a few folk who killed deer on big arable land, with dogs with bull blood in them, regular. Could be wrong but don’t think so. 

Odd one mate but not multiple a night single they throwing them out motors 1 after other always doubled 

You have chance this season to stop good daytime deer open wetland mate see how you do ?

I'm talking half bred 1/4 bred not saluki in em ?

5 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Seems to be though even bull getting bred out for it mate ? ?

1/4 bull sound but need sal in there 3/4 grey no good really the blowing one run is what I'm trying to say mate ?

Just now, mC HULL said:

Not many get away if any at all mate they cant pipe go in holes lol and defo can't out run me dog ? 

Forgot im talking to a lamper who is glad things can get away out lamp so they have an excuse lol when dog tongue out f****d after a min ? ? ?

Lucky I have coursing bred daytime and night lol

lets not getting silly here and make out no one knows what their talking about , ive prob done more on deer than you will in your life time and seen loads of different crosses run them , you talk silly and everything comes back to a good hare on wet ground in there day , lets face it, its hard to find good coursing dogs for what they are bred for these days never mind make anything else ?

• Like 6
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

Odd one mate but not multiple a night single they throwing them out motors 1 after other always doubled 

You have chance this season to stop good daytime deer open wetland mate see how you do ?

I'm talking half bred 1/4 bred not saluki in em ?

You are genuinely trying to tell me that a dog that has bull blood in it, for example a Sal bull grey, cannot take multiple deer a night without the aid of a motor and single handed ?

I hadn’t read to the end ? 

Im not talking about half x bull greys here and I don’t think many other folk are. You’re right, most half xs lack the gass for it, just like most saluki xs eventually lack the bottle and the bone for it, apparently. Mix the two together and you get an animal that ticks a lot of boxes. But you don’t need too much saluki ? 

• Like 1

Locally,...there was a real good line of Pit Bull x Greyhound....I saw this type back in the late 90's, just when I had decided to quit trying to get myself,..Jail time? Prior to walking out with this style of jukel I had 'done alright' on the deer with all sorts of miscellaneous crossbred critters....However,..nothing I had would match the pure physicality and prey drive of the Bull/Saluki/Greyhound composites that are available today..I missed out on running such obviously handy animals, but I am pleased that the lads persevered with their breeding programs, and produced such amazing specimens.

Nothing for anyone to argue about,...it is what it is..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 3
Just now, Big Ron said:

lets not getting silly here and make out no one knows what their talking about , ive prob done more on deer than you will in your life time and seen loads of different crosses run them , you talk silly and everything comes back to a good hare on wet ground in there day , lets face it, its hard to find good coursing dogs for what they are bred for these days never mind make anything else ?

You maybe have killed miles more then me mate ? it quality for me not quantity used to when younger smash them bull x with us but new as a kid there limit very limited ?

Wet land good slips only very good ones can do it mate its the ultimate test bambi or hare ?

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Seems to be though even bull getting bred out for it mate ? ?

1/4 bull sound but need sal in there 3/4 grey no good really the blowing one run is what I'm trying to say mate ?

You hope for the attributes of each breed to come through in the mix mate, I wouldn't keep a heavily saturated bull dog, but I recognise that in 1/4 mixed in with the running dogs adds that bit extra if you bump into anything a bit bigger...

Edging your bets really and hoping the mix works out, but as we all know it doesn't always go that way...

• Like 1