Top Five Books?

9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

This has been my reading for the last month or so . 

small bites , bit of revision , bit of open university and bite size to shake it up . 

Snapped me to be fair , did I f**k imagine that when I joined in the careers office I’d be worrying about if I’d been using cos sin tan correct on the scientific calculator ??

CFC915BF-2DE0-4C39-A21C-6E22579300FB.png

Do you not find it easier to learn now your older? I've been looking at various open university courses, not for any career change but just for the enjoyment of learning. I'm finding myself drawn to law at the minute. I think learning ritual has given me confidence in myself to get on and study 

• Like 2

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve got all of Howard’s Books the man was extremely interesting and intelligent to get away with what he did even though he did do a bit of time, I crossed paths with him a few times once he was sat

Enid Blyton? " Nature Lovers Book Number 1: Rambles With Zacky The Gypsy " Never forgotten that one. Zacky, a bloke living on his own, who children could approach without anyone suggesting he was

I was brought  up in the  same  village  where it's  based  and  filmed  ,the  author  Barry  Hines  lived there  I went to school  with  his 2 children  ,my  mam still lives there ,next street  to th

Posted Images

12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

This has been my reading for the last month or so . 

small bites , bit of revision , bit of open university and bite size to shake it up . 

Snapped me to be fair , did I f**k imagine that when I joined in the careers office I’d be worrying about if I’d been using cos sin tan correct on the scientific calculator ??

CFC915BF-2DE0-4C39-A21C-6E22579300FB.png

Silly old harry, caught a herring, trawling over Australia ?

I have to admit, I love maths 

2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Do you not find it easier to learn now your older? I've been looking at various open university courses, not for any career change but just for the enjoyment of learning. I'm finding myself drawn to law at the minute. I think learning ritual has given me confidence in myself to get on and study 

Do a language mate, any language but if you learn one, I guarantee you'll find it easier to learn another ;)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Silly old harry, caught a herring, trawling over Australia ?

I have to admit, I love maths 

Do a language mate, any language but if you learn one, I guarantee you'll find it easier to learn another ;)

Yeah I reckon I'll restart learning Spanish at some point.

• Like 1

Was watching Gallipoli last night,  there's a part in the film where the old man is reading a book to the kids.....

The jungle book - Rudyard Kipling 

An absolute fantastic book. I haven't read it since I was a boy, just downloaded it to read again ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Astanley said:

Les was my favourite Roller .

3 hours ago, sid g said:

no mate picked this up as well 50p  Shang-A-Lang: My Life With The Bay City Rollers: McKeown, Les/ Elliott, Lynne

Does it mention anything about their manager Tam Patton being a paedo?

Cheers, D.

Damage done by warren fellows  was riveting Thai prison can’t put it down  , mr nice Howard Marx ace , out  island doctor , incredible 1967 book , fenland zander Steve younger ,dick brown fly fishing for bone fish  

Edited by green lurchers