What happened to Heinz beans and bacon burgers?

They were my favourite back in the seventies. Even the Heinz beans and sausages is a different recipe now. Not as tasty as they used to be. ?...and west end grill, what happened to that? A tin of them and a slice of bread and butter ?. Now that was posh nosh....?

C56EF09C-DF86-4F3C-9100-EE47E36E45F2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Growing up then, you either ate it, and was grateful, or went hungry.  Country, and times, was far less affluent then.   I know it's considered a bit of an anochronism to say this, but kids/young

The Bake beans and sausage were great when went camping just for a weekend with you mates when we was young. Or when a few of us would go fishing open the lid and cook in the tin  and eat them out of

Posted Images

The Bake beans and sausage were great when went camping just for a weekend with you mates when we was young. Or when a few of us would go fishing open the lid and cook in the tin  and eat them out of the tin. Happy days Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 7
4 hours ago, baker boy said:

Proper grub mate and the reason we didnt grow up all fat bastids like the kids today......?

20 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Probably because that shit had no nutritional value ???

Growing up then, you either ate it, and was grateful, or went hungry.  Country, and times, was far less affluent then.  

I know it's considered a bit of an anochronism to say this, but kids/youngsters REALLY don't know how FCKING EASY they've got it these days. 

Example; earlier today, about 11ish, I say to my youngest lad, 'here you are', and offered him a £5 note out of my pocket. 'What's that for?' He says to me, me 'dunno, you can get something down the shop'. Him, 'huh, I won't get much with that!'  Me, in my head, ' ? cheeky little barsted! .......... 'huh, well you'll get fcuk all with it now' ....... as I calmly put the fiver back in my pocket, and watched smugly, as he sulked into his bedroom ?

• Haha 7