Thylacine 'Caught On Trail Cam' Twitter Claim

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After studying @maxhardcoreI have my doubts. 

On the plus side ,I am gonna look like a near genius if anyone ever asks me what a Tasmanian pandemelon is .

Wouldn't it be a great story if true, I have my doubts though. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Theres one in Colchester zoo that’s absolutely tragic to see . 

looks like a photocopy of what it would be in the wild 

There's a breeding pair in Doncaster as well, I was shocked to see how small they were. 

Surprising that Bergmann's rule doesn't apply with Leopards like it does with Tigers. 

22 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I watched a documentary, last year I think, about some tv conservationist type who managed to find a believed extinct Zanzibar Leopard. Granted, they were only recently thought to have gone but still. I remember being most surprised by how f***ing hopeless the fella seemed. I concluded the place must be lifting with the f***ing things if he managed to find one!

I watched a documentary on snow leopards a few years ago where an expert from the west camped out in leopard country for I think about 12 months to try and capture these rare animals on film. He ended up with about a minute of footage.

Then we get appeals on the TV asking for money to protect them form being hunted into extinction by poachers. How come the poachers can find them but the expert naturalist  got practically jack shit to show for his efforts after 12 month?

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

I watched a documentary on snow leopards a few years ago where an expert from the west camped out in leopard country for I think about 12 months to try and capture these rare animals on film. He ended up with about a minute of footage.

Then we get appeals on the TV asking for money to protect them form being hunted into extinction by poachers. How come the poachers can find them but the expert naturalist  got practically jack shit to show for his efforts after 12 month?

Because maybe the poachers know the land better and already know of their whereabouts? 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

If I had a stake in finding a leopard I'd very simply find the most successful leopard PH in Africa and make it worth his while.

A clean celebrity photographer type is much easier to sell than a white Rhodesian rancher who has spent his life finding and killing big cats for a living though. :laugh:

• Like 4
On 24/02/2021 at 13:23, Greb147 said:

Because maybe the poachers know the land better and already know of their whereabouts? 

On 24/02/2021 at 13:59, Born Hunter said:

If I had a stake in finding a leopard I'd very simply find the most successful leopard PH in Africa and make it worth his while.

A clean celebrity photographer type is much easier to sell than a white Rhodesian rancher who has spent his life finding and killing big cats for a living though. :laugh:

The snow leopard footage in those adverts begging £3 a month were the result of over a year of camera trapping by local Shepard’s who live up there  amongst the leopards followed by some trapped and collared animals to show territory’s, but born is right the best trackers are hunters, none better than the san people of Africa or some remote aboriginal tribes that have stayed outside of civilisation in my humble opinion ??

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The snow leopard footage in those adverts begging £3 a month were the result of over a year of camera trapping by local Shepard’s who live up there  amongst the leopards followed by some trapped and collared animals to show territory’s, but born is right the best trackers are hunters, none better than the san people of Africa or some remote aboriginal tribes that have stayed outside of civilisation in my humble opinion ??

The San are an interesting people, a window into our past and aptly show why we are as we are, a tool using naked ape designed for stamina. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

The San are an interesting people, a window into our past and aptly show why we are as we are, a tool using naked ape designed for stamina. 

The female tracker that was in the paper a while back Roda spent some of her younger years living with them, I,ve spent a bit of time with her and her knowledge is pretty impressive even in the uk she can feed and medicate from the hedgerows, man was better off living with nature instead of attempting to change it and in my opinion the further we move from nature the closer we move to disaster ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

The female tracker that was in the paper a while back Roda spent some of her younger years living with them, I,ve spent a bit of time with her and her knowledge is pretty impressive even in the uk she can feed and medicate from the hedgerows, man was better off living with nature instead of attempting to change it and in my opinion the further we move from nature the closer we move to disaster ?

Years ago every rural person could forage or medicate theirselves , from the land.

moochers would go round picking bundles of flowers or herbs and hawk them door to door similar stuff to the Romanys way of life ,once that was lost an people moved to processed an Prepacked foods it all went downhill imho.

• Like 4