What's cooking?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

Just now, DIDO.1 said:

Think your supposed to put that bread in the oven and cook it first 

Think you bake bread, not cook it, might be wrong, I'll ask my chef missus who "cooked" it. Thanks ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 3

No bread left so I had to have toast. 

Seriously though mid morning came in from the garden and thought I would have a piece of toast only to find blue bits starting on what I had left of an uncut loaf. So thought bollocks I will make some fresh then wifey said she don't like white bread so I made one for her as well. So she has one with all the bits and seeds in, often wonder if some of them black seeds are really mouses shit Lol.

Trouble is now I cant leave that fresh loaf alone.

IMG_3491.JPG.6bd12afbd31ca7f60e3bd3c3119ab243.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 6
On 02/07/2021 at 08:52, Arry said:

In my view it's the best way to cook a Chicken keeps it moist and cooks quicker about an hour. I just stand it on its neck so to speak cut the spine out each side of the parsons nose put the spine in a baking try with a load of onions, garlic, a sliced carrot and a few mushrooms,  with some stock or water so easy but much much better than leaving it whole. I do mine at 200 degrees but I just looked   and it says 220 degrees on most sites. When cooked I push as much of the stuff in the baking try through a sieve to make the gravy.

Another little thing I do is get an spoon (don't ask what sort a biggish one) put a bit of cooking oil/Olive oil on it and slide it under the Chicken skin from the neck end both side above the breast, then slice two bit of cold butter and slide in. Fire it on top of the onions etc and the jobs a good'en.

But yeah reckon low and slow on a camp fire to make sure its cooked right through sounds right. I bet it tastes amazing cooked on a open camp fire I hope your daughter and you have a great time. Those memories last a life time my lad still brings up those sort of things. Lol.

would like to see some pics if you can of the end result mate.

Cheers Arry

Its on 

20210703_174252.jpg

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Arry said:

No bread left so I had to have toast. 

Seriously though mid morning came in from the garden and thought I would have a piece of toast only to find blue bits starting on what I had left of an uncut loaf. So thought bollocks I will make some fresh then wifey said she don't like white bread so I made one for her as well. So she has one with all the bits and seeds in, often wonder if some of them black seeds are really mouses shit Lol.

Trouble is now I cant leave that fresh loaf alone.

IMG_3491.JPG.6bd12afbd31ca7f60e3bd3c3119ab243.JPG

Cheers Arry

You bought them mate, own up!

Cheers, D.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, dytkos said:

You bought them mate, own up!

Cheers, D.

f**k off D Lol made with my own fair hand. All because I could not be bothered to drive to Morrisons.

If you look at the white loaf you can see were I put my finger to test the prove of the rise of the dough.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Haha 1

What's Cooked?!  After I've been slaving over a hot Instant Pot and Vacuum Sealer all day?

P5060501.JPG.45249e8a6f93a4c3c86eddc98dc44f8c.JPG

Next six months supplies of  two night soaked and pressure cooked Chick Peas! Eighteen gorgeous pound of them, safely in my freezer :boogy:

Where's @mushroom? That, my son, is how you wave a fukking towel! :D

• Haha 3

Well out for a mooch see it there is any fungi about. Never even took my basket just a plastic bag. Over the moon 5 Ceps and a few Chanterelles. 

Fried up on toast with smoky bacon garlic in olive oil. Bloody gorgeous.

IMG_3508.JPG.ea84ddb82694a6817fca636d3439edd0.JPG

IMG_3512.JPG.1c8dbd4a020699631f87ed0914005db8.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 11