What's cooking?

35 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

......and yet we are constantly being told how hard we have it now.

Hard times build hard men.

Hard men build good times.

Good times produce soft men.

My kids think that the world is about to end if the Internet goes off for 15 minutes ?.

33 minutes ago, mackem said:

Not joking,I read that and had it all,but I did chuckle at the not scented candles.

My kids also don't understand that candles were to give light , not just smell nice ?.

I know that I didn't have the easiest time growing up , but I also know that many people had it much tougher than I did . 

My mate lived with his family , in an old railway carriage in a scrapyard . They drank out of jam jars , and his old man gave them all a beating every night when he was drunk.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mel b said:

I know that going to bed hungry feeling all too well . I reckon that's why I'm a fat feck now . I eat any food at any time , because it still feels like you don't know when you'll get your next meal.

My kids also can't comprehend that.

Their was never enough food to go around.

You had to wear second hand clothes.

I didn't have a bed , and I slept on a sofa under old army blankets.

Gas and electricity could be cut off , and you'd sit in the house with candles ( that weren't scented).

Any parent/teacher/adult , could give you a beating ,just because they felt like it.

Poor mites are poor today if they havent got the latest Iphone and gotta wait a week for a new pair of trainers

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Poor mites are poor today if they havent got the latest Iphone and gotta wait a week for a new pair of trainers

Pop/drinks always used to make me chuckle . My kids always need a range of drinks in the house .

Orange juice with bits in.

Orange juice without bits in.

Full fat coke.

Diet coke.

Fanta Orange. 

Dr pepper.

Cloudy lemonade .

A range of cordials .

When I was a kid , we had inside drinks and outside drinks . Inside was tap water , and outside was tap water from the hose pipe ?.

We always had a choice at mealtime though .

Eat it , or , feckin leave it . ( I don't remember any of us ever leaving anything).

?.

• Like 2