What's cooking?

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

12 hours ago, jok said:

Kanny, son. Give me a little more info on the cote de beoufe. It looks fabulous but how do you order it and, more importantly, cook it ? Jok, 

As Kanny not replying to you mate. It's basically a Ribeye on the bone imo the best cut of beef there is.

Hope this might help mate.

WWW.SAINSBURYSMAGAZINE.CO.UK

Find 1000s of triple-tested recipes, expert cooking advice from your favourite celebrity chefs and the latest food trends

Cheers Arry

• Haha 2

Morning Arry. How’s things pal? Thank you for that info. It’s something We haven’t tried but I saw a pic and thought that’s for us. Something else we had the other day was a triple short rib of beef which was lovely. I’ve just finished making some pheasant Kurma which has turned out great. This again. Jok.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, jok said:

Morning Arry. How’s things pal? Thank you for that info. It’s something We haven’t tried but I saw a pic and thought that’s for us. Something else we had the other day was a triple short rib of beef which was lovely. I’ve just finished making some pheasant Kurma which has turned out great. This again. Jok.

I'm still above ground mate, yeah good. You good Jok ??

Short Rib of Beef nice that. Morrisons are doing two Ribeyes for £7 at the moment not that thick still nice done in a hot pan couple of minutes each side. Had a Ribeye joint for Crimbo was divine.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

It's rib of beef or ribeye with the bone in no? Ideal for smoker or BBQ as has enough fat not to dry out one of the few cuts I'll eat well done so I don't have moaning about claret coming out of it lol...

Tomahawk or cowboy steak....

Edited by Borr
  • Like 2

I put my in a low oven 110°C until  the internal temp of the meat reaches around 50°c  I then take it out  and sear it ( called reverse sear)  bringing the  internal temp upto no more  than  57°c  for medium rare,  I normally take mine out  around  54-55°c and  rest for a good 20 minutes. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Arry said:

Forgot the beans just fired it back my neck went into the kitchen with the empty plate theres the beans. Bugger Lol.

IMG_5065.JPG.809cab380aa13d9ad0a2236bfb9d4a4d.JPG

Cheers Arry

Lovely yolks on those eggs, they shop brought?